Garlic is coming up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
088F638D-0992-47C2-8292-8458DD0CE0E4.jpeg
View attachment 31928
The whole World is experiencing unusually cold weather this year: there was a metre of snow in the sahara desert at one point.
Record lows in US, Australia, unseasonal snow in Nov in S.Africa, cold in China and SE Asia. We're very cold here in the UK, and indeed there is cold weather right across Europe, and the Arctic ice cap is growing at 2000sq miles MORE than normal.

My garlic is up, too!

I’m in Oregon and we’ve been above average all winter. We’ve been enjoying weather in the 60’s when it should be 40’s and rain. Not only is my garlic coming up, my greens in the hoop house didn’t even pause.

We’re currently sitting at the 2nd lowest for sea ice area globally on record.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
I go to a Program Every Friday, I am on Disability because of bad memory issues, and one Saturday a Month we go Fishing. On the way home from the first fishing trip this year, we stopped at local Market and the lead Lady asked if they had any seed Garlic. They gave Us about 20 seed Garlic, whole bunches of it, so we get back to the Day and Stay center - https://www.facebook.com/DayandStay/ and I went and planted it all in Planter box. Well I go there two weeks ago and I see someone has Planted a bunch of tomatoes where a our Garlic is Planted. That OK, because the 50 or seeds I Planted I only saw one plant come up, and they pulled it out!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just wait. the garlic may come uo in the spring wher the tomato will be long gone. And next time? label every plant you put in earth so you and everybody will know.

Ask a Question