Garlic is coming up!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I was checking the bed this morning, and saw the first little green sprouts of our recently planted garlic. It will grow a bit, then sit there until spring, when it will take off like little rockets!
The parsley I planted because I had left-over seed from 2015 is up and ready to start harvesting. I may not start any parsley in pots in January. If this "throw the seed on the ground and watch it grow" method works, I'll be a happy parsley harvester!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have tons of garlic blades coming up. I don't even know what to do with them as I want to have that patch for my hellebores, but 2 itinerant bulbs must have travelled there to make life an embarrassment for me!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We just planted our garlic for next season this past Sunday. That reminds me, I have to pick up some straw to cover it for the winter....put some on our strawberries as well....what's left over will go in our outdoor Nativity at Christmas time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
luggage handles
lau.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Silent, our low temperatures for winter here is in the mid- to high 20's. I don't mulch the bed.

Alp, garlic should come with luggage handles, it moves around so easily! You could transplant it to a more convenient spot.

Marlin, we have already been down to 22F degrees this fall. I suspect we will see the teens befor too long. I imagine our fall gardens could be much the same but I'm sure your summer days are hotter.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very! We have already we have already set a record low this fall. My property is the second highest elevation in the county which doesn't help with cold weather.

You must have birdeye's view overlooking the valleys and dales .. What a lovely thought .. I'd love to have a house overlooking green or waters..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Alp, it is a great view except all we can see is trees. The only real visible landmark is our towns water tower about 10 miles away. It is beautiful right now with the changing leaves.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The whole World is experiencing unusually cold weather this year: there was a metre of snow in the sahara desert at one point.
Record lows in US, Australia, unseasonal snow in Nov in S.Africa, cold in China and SE Asia. We're very cold here in the UK, and indeed there is cold weather right across Europe, and the Arctic ice cap is growing at 2000sq miles MORE than normal.
Yet:https://www.bing.com/search?q=2017+...opResult&FORM=IETR02&conversationid=&pc=EUPP_

My garlic is up, too!

Ask a Question