Garden pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, what a creative hand you have there. That looks like the man-made pond in one of the resort we went to this summer. And in your pond, the water flows from the fountain upstream. I'm sure you have some fish there otherwise it will be a breeding ground of mosquitoes. That's the reason why ponds like that is not popular here, all because of the mosquito.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg!!! I had no idea it could take so little time to create a pond. Just amazing! Is that the norm or people do usually take longer to create them? Yours looks so beautiful and natural, loved what you did with the lily pads! Is that hard? My in laws have a pond with gold fish in it (3 meters deep), but I have never asked them how long it took them to ''create it''.
I am lucky in the fact that I have all the rocks I need so if a rock doesn't look just right I can go out and get 10 more for free. For me building the stream was the hardest part because the rocks are heavy. Even a small rock might weigh 60 or 70 pounds so moving them up hill alone was a problem. When I built this one I had a lot of questions that were answered on the sister site Garden Ponds. I have had mine for a couple of years now and when ever I find something that works I make a Youtube video to help others out.

Reaction score
I am lucky in the fact that I have all the rocks I need so if a rock doesn't look just right I can go out and get 10 more for free. For me building the stream was the hardest part because the rocks are heavy. Even a small rock might weigh 60 or 70 pounds so moving them up hill alone was a problem. When I built this one I had a lot of questions that were answered on the sister site Garden Ponds. I have had mine for a couple of years now and when ever I find something that works I make a Youtube video to help others out.

Awesome :) i might surely check those out soon. I'v e always felt a lot amazement and admiration for those who do something like this on their own. Kudos to you, sir! This ought to be one of the most satisfactory DIY projects someone can successfully complete ever (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really love this post and I too am surprised at how easy it was to make a pond. Even in the picture it all looks so tranquil. It would nice to have a backyard pond and garden to just walk around in to clear your head or get your thoughts together. Goldfish or tilapia would be a wonderful addition. That should definitely take care of those mosquitoes too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks it is nice to have a pond especially with a water falls. At night when you can't really see the water you can still hear it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's possible to have a very nice small pond in a small yard. Also a small pond is cheaper to build than a bigger one. If you don't have fish (which you still can in a small pond) you might not even need a filter.

Reaction score
You had built a very nice pond and I am amazed how you designed the rocks as well as the plants surrounding your pond. Nice creativity and thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh that's a very nice pond! Love the lily pads. I've always wanted to have a koi pond with a miniature Japanese garden someday. They're so pretty and tranquil.

Ask a Question