Garden pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to this site but have been on the Garden pond forum for a while. Here is the pond that I built a few years ago. On the right you can see the beginning of the water falls that runs down a 45 foot stream. In addition to the main fall there are 4 other small ones.

Attachments

• pond and garden.JPG
    pond and garden.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 385
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful! I love what you've done with the rocky edge (y)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
This is awesome! Are you an artist of sorts? I love the shape of it and I am saving this for my next computer background. You are really talented at building things. Keep posting them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh, that's really nice. I have a pond I dug out this spring but it is relatively modest as of yet.

Reaction score
Lovely! How long did it take you to build that pond and perfect it this much? It must have taken so very long? Thanks for sharing :) I've always wanted a pond in my garden ,my in laws have a pond in front of their house... front yard, it's lovely.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a beautiful pond you have their! I could see myself sitting there, relaxing and staring at all the beauties around it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's absolutely beautiful!!! I dream about a pond like this. How long did it take you to build it? It looks amazing:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just looking at some pond ideas, your's is very nice, do you have fish in your pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just looking at some pond ideas, your's is very nice, do you have fish in your pond?
Yes I have four they have enough room to move around and grow (which they do very quickly) If you have too many fish it can create a problem with the water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lovely! How long did it take you to build that pond and perfect it this much? It must have taken so very long? Thanks for sharing :) I've always wanted a pond in my garden ,my in laws have a pond in front of their house... front yard, it's lovely.
It took about 2 weeks to make it, At first I didn't thin that it looked natural but after two years things started growing in and around it and it has blended into the yard. I have all the free rocks I could ever use just sitting on top of the ground so I use them whenever I find a spot for them such as with the Hobbit house I posted,

Reaction score
Country
United States
What a beautiful pond you have their! I could see myself sitting there, relaxing and staring at all the beauties around it.
Thanks it is very peaceful to hear the sound of the water falling and bubbling down the stream.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is awesome! Are you an artist of sorts? I love the shape of it and I am saving this for my next computer background. You are really talented at building things. Keep posting them.
Thanks so much. No I'm not an artist, far from it.I just like to build things and have a lot of time on my hands so I look for things to keep me busy. If you saw my post for the Hobbit house that was another thing I just decided to build one morning.

Reaction score
It took about 2 weeks to make it, At first I didn't thin that it looked natural but after two years things started growing in and around it and it has blended into the yard. I have all the free rocks I could ever use just sitting on top of the ground so I use them whenever I find a spot for them such as with the Hobbit house I posted,

Omg!!! I had no idea it could take so little time to create a pond. Just amazing! Is that the norm or people do usually take longer to create them? Yours looks so beautiful and natural, loved what you did with the lily pads! Is that hard? My in laws have a pond with gold fish in it (3 meters deep), but I have never asked them how long it took them to ''create it''.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Thanks so much. No I'm not an artist, far from it.I just like to build things and have a lot of time on my hands so I look for things to keep me busy. If you saw my post for the Hobbit house that was another thing I just decided to build one morning.
I definitely saw that too and saved it as my computer background. It's so beautiful I imagine there is a tunnel right through that door. Please post more pictures of your great innovations for us to see. You should consider landscaping for a career too.

Ask a Question