Game of Thrones

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Any fans of the HBO series within these walls?

nathan pic DH.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've never seen Game of Thrones, but then again I don't get HBO. If it were on a channel I had, I probably would've given it a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
in my area, I would have to subscribe to a certain channel that carries it. sometime they run it for free, but those are old ones. My husband runs across it then, when its free, we watch a few. But when the free ends so does our desire to watch further. I guess, I'd have to say, I could take it or leave it. Now, Outlander---that is a different story. That is coming around soon again. I might have to buy into that channel.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What a great pic @BigC :D. Where is that?

Big GoT fan here - I just can't wait until the next part of the series (and only 6 episodes :eek:!).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What a great pic @BigC :D. Where is that?

Big GoT fan here - I just can't wait until the next part of the series (and only 6 episodes :eek:!).
Thats the Dark Hedges not far from where I live....."The Kings Road" to all GOT fans

Winterfell
20160925_105944.jpg

We Know Nothing..:)
20160925_115534.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There is a story surrounding the trees...some blew down during Storm Gertude Jan 29th 2016
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...e-rages-across-northern-ireland-34406812.html

Now before I go on...let me lay down some interesting facts as to what happened the wood from the trees...HBO commissioned 10 carved doors which depict scenes from series 6 and they placed them in various locations around Northern Ireland (pubs. hotels etc) with nearby film locations..Last year we took a week off work to go visit, photograph and stay in these establishments as a kind of GOT quest if you like...I will publish some pics of the doors here in due course....The Ultimate GOT Pub Crawl...:)

This pic I'm not supposed to have.....:whistle: I'm sure you'll recognise it, without its leaves...If you look close at the base of Winterfell's Weirtree you will see a face
weirtree1.jpg

weirtree2.jpg

The same tree as used in the series
weirwood-game-of-thrones.jpg

Last edited:

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
great story, Big C! The ultimate GOT pub crawl, indeed. can't wait share that with my son, the GOT big-time fan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
1. The Cuan. Strangford

The doors of thrones No.1 sets the scene at the beginning of Season 6. The intricate design shows the lay of the land with great houses dispersed across the map and dangers lurking in every corner of the continent. At the centre of the door sits an astrolabe surrounding the Westerosi sun signifying that Westeros is at the heart of past, present and future events of the series.
cuan collage 2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
2. Fiddlers Green. Portaferry

At the top of Door 2 hangs the Flayed Man of house Bolton. It rises above exposed muscle and crossed swords, which are being strangled by vines. Below the swords and surrounded by vines sits the Heart tree of Winterfell, a Weirwood tree deep in Godswood, which during episode 2 was held by the Boltons. Lower down you can see the Greyjoy “Kraken” falling towards the bottom of the door possibly representing the murder of king Balon by Euron.
2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
3. Percy French. Newcastle

The defining feature of Doors of Thrones 3 is the Direwolf running into a battlefield, surrounded by a threatening array of swords, spears and daggers all failing to block its path. This scene represents John Snow, his resurrection and his future with Winterfell and skulls depicted below. An alternative reading is that this scene depicts a Direwolf in Wnterfell, surrounded by danger, signifying Rckon’s being handed over to Ramsey and the grizzly end met by his Direwolf, Shaggydog.
2.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
4. Blakes of the Hollow. Enniskillen

The scale and dominance of the Dragons in Doors of Thrones 4 represent a change in fortunes for house Targaryen, while other details such as the Sons of the Harpy Masks refer to threats still looming, references to house Arryn also appear to be flying above it all signifying Little Fingers influence
4 Blakes of the Hollow.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
5. Frank Owens. Limavady

Door 5 puts a heavy focus on the “Night’s King” and his followers. White Walkers appear by his side with an army of Undead Wight’s at his back. The inclusion of the Sigil below hints at a possible second confrontation between the Night’s King and a certain member of the Stark family. The wolf also appears to have roots or branches surrounding it suggesting which Stark that might be.
5 Frank Owens Bar.jpg

Ask a Question