For Claudine

Reaction score
HPIM4252.JPG
Since all your rose plants are in bed in the attic, I thought I'd share some of my blooms, while they are still around :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
So many beautiful roses!:D Thank you for sharing the pictures, they're all so gorgeous, more than gorgeous:D I think that the one in the third picture is my favorite, I've never seen a rose like this.
My miniatures aren't in the attic yet, but soon I'll have to move them there. I already miss them!

Reaction score
Those are my favourite as well, Claudine. I didn't actually know they'd look like that when I bought the plant. I've also got a red one that has beautiful gold tones on the outside of the petals, but that one didn't have any nice blooms at the moment. I've stopped dead-heading now, because I want some pretty rose hips for the fall.

Thanks ShellyAnn - they are all new, I just created my garden bed last summer, so I planted half in the fall and half this spring, and was very happy that all grew so well. I'm battling black spot, though, because it's been so wet and humid this summer. Everything in the garden seems to be affected this year. But so far I've only lost 1 plant, and thankfully it wasn't a rose!!!

Reaction score
Very beautiful flowers! I totally love roses, my neighbor used to grow them, but sadly she doesn't have the energy to do so anymore. They're still part of my childhood tho :) Congrats, you have a really beautiful garden :D

Reaction score
TheCrazyPlantLady, a lovely gesture and your roses are truly beautiful, looks like you won the battle with the black spot, because your roses are so perfect, you could win prizes with them. The one you and Claudine like the most, is one I remember well, my grandfather was an avid rose grower and this particular one was his favorite, and I still have pictures of him in mind, of when, first thing in the morning he would go out and admire it, whilst gently stroking its petals.

Reaction score
TheCrazyPlantLady, a lovely gesture and your roses are truly beautiful, looks like you won the battle with the black spot, because your roses are so perfect, you could win prizes with them. The one you and Claudine like the most, is one I remember well, my grandfather was an avid rose grower and this particular one was his favorite, and I still have pictures of him in mind, of when, first thing in the morning he would go out and admire it, whilst gently stroking its petals.
I'm still fighting the black spot - it's a terrible year this year. I am just managing to hold my own with it, and the roses all seem to still be healthy, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't loose any of them.

I can see why your grandfather loved them. They are fragrant roses, and the scent is heavenly. I love to just bury my nose in a bloom and take a big sniff! I'm sure a bouquet would make a room smell amazing, but I hate to cut the roses off the bush, so I almost never take cut flowers. It's a vigorous grower, as well - I planted the bare-root last fall, and it is more than five foot tall now.

Reaction score
Those are right up Claudine's alley. Those photos are so beautiful. I love the peach roses especially. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Ask a Question