Flowering shrubs not flowering

Reaction score
Country
United States
Planted a couple azaleas a couple years ago and although they are growing, I never get any flowers on either of them. These get morning sun but all shade after about 1:00. They are under an overhang so don't get a ton of water but apparently enough to grow but as I said, never flower. Two years ago I built a raised flower bed and filled with raw soil and planted two hydrangeas along with a few other plants. They are in sun most of the day and they do burn a little but grow well. Still, no flowering. This spring I added another raised flower bed and used the same type of soil to fill it. This one I planted three azaleas and a rhododendron. They get full sun about half the day. Same result, what flowers were on them when I planted them died off and although they are growing well, no flowers! What am I missing? Anything I can do to get them flowering next year?

Ask a Question