First Spraying

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks Mary

The pink blooms are coral bells , the dark red are sm red maples I need to find a home for

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Kansas Terri, I'm stealing your term Midwest Casual! :)

Dr Case, question: I have a mess of grape ivy, nightshade and other stuff along one side of my house. Decided to eliminate it all to make room for perennials; digging it up would be ridiculously labor intensive. So Saturday morning I bought a gallon on RoundUp and sprayed it liberally. Sunday morning it was still looking quite perky, so I sprayed it again. Now it's Wednesday and while looking less-perky, many of the lower stems are still pliable and alive. Spray again, or wait some more, or start digging?

I just took this photo.

Attachments

• 20160615_071827.jpg
    20160615_071827.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
@Kansas Terri, I'm stealing your term Midwest Casual! :)

Dr Case, question: I have a mess of grape ivy, nightshade and other stuff along one side of my house. Decided to eliminate it all to make room for perennials; digging it up would be ridiculously labor intensive. So Saturday morning I bought a gallon on RoundUp and sprayed it liberally. Sunday morning it was still looking quite perky, so I sprayed it again. Now it's Wednesday and while looking less-perky, many of the lower stems are still pliable and alive. Spray again, or wait some more, or start digging?

I just took this photo.

round up won't work over night Beth , give it a few days
you might have to get something stronger to kill the ivy if it is still alive in a week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
round up won't work over night Beth , give it a few days
you might have to get something stronger to kill the ivy if it is still alive in a week

OK thanks. I'll be patient.
A friend suggested dumping gasoline along the side of the house but I'd rather not go there, plus it's illegal. :eek: (Here it is anyway, I don't know about other states.)

I know farm stores have more toxic herbicides. I'll give it till the weekend and maybe see how much of a chore it will be to dig up. I suspect those grape ivy leaves go many, many feet underground.

Ask a Question