first bowl of strawberries - 2015

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was able to pick a very nice bowl of strawberries from my patch out back this week. A bit early, I suspect, but they were perfect in every way, and much better than the store bought ones.

I washed them, capped them and cut them in to smaller pieces, a sprinkle of sugar and in the fridge for an hour. They were great as an afternoon snack and then later in the evening on some cornflakes as a treat.

Would have been even better on some french vanilla ice cream - perhaps next time.

Enjoy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I am jealous our strawberries are still in flower mode. I personally make mine the same way but like to add small bits of chocolate and some whipped cream , absolutely yummy. @dave david have you had any experience with moving strawberries? If so any advice? My berries are okay where they are right now but I would like to move some to another area so they have more room in the future, just wondered what does and does not work well. I am new to strawberries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I miss eating fresh strawberries and other berries!:) They're delicious. Just thinking about them makes me hungry, lol. Currently, I grow wild strawberries on my windowsill and I can't wait for the fruits to ripen:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My strawberries aren't doing much this year. I lost a few baby plants by not transplanting them soon enough. I think the ones I have left need their soil refreshed, a project that will have to wait a few more days at least.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Had my first picking yesterday, just ate them as they were, lovely :)
DSCN1164.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am not destined to eat strawberries that I would grow myself because they do not grow here. :cry:

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I love strawberries and I have spotted them in the shops but they are still expensive now and will have to wait for them to get a little cheaper. I think that might be in a few weeks! Cant wait and hop you enjoy the strawberries. A great way to eat them too is to dip them in chocolate.....delicious

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Gorgeous photo, @zigs. I really need to get busy repotting mine! I've kept them watered, but haven't given them the attention I did last year. So much to do in the garden... I keep debating about getting more plants to expand my berry growing.

Ask a Question