Feeding the Birds and the Squirrel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We encourage the birds to use our feeders and likewise the squirrel, hers.
The feeders are situated so my wife can see the activity through the French windows from her chair in the lounge.
But I like to be organised. Feeding is a daily task and I don't want to spend a lot of time doing it.
So here's their food store. It's made from bits I had in the garage, a couple of old ice cream tubs and three canisters my wife was going to throw out.

P1040447.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Sean Regan that looks very organized. I have 20kg bags of mixed bird seed and sunflower hearts delivered and I've got big tubs to put them in. I buy peanuts for the squirrels but i put them out whole so i leave it until September, the birds would have stopped nesting then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The squirrel is presently playing too much golf, (leaving lots of "pitxch marks" in the lawn where she's tried to bury nuts). So for the moment she's only getting kibbled nuts, she likes those as she usually pinches the ones I add to the birds' food.

Ask a Question