My peppers have been someone's feeding ground

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We were working in the garden today and noticed the pepper leaves had many bite marks.

This is one of the reasons why we put a net over th garden as well.

My questions are, what pest(s) do you think it is? Recommendations for pest control?

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_3996.JPG
I

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Slugs or snails would be my guess. There's a recent thread about controlling those little monsters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It doesn't matter who the culprit is. Spray with a spinosad based product and your problem will go away. I'd guess that the invader is a caterpillar but unsure and that is why I recommend spinosad instead of Bt. It could be slugs or snails but my experience with them is that they do more damage. You will have to make a midnight recon to make sure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It doesn't matter who the culprit is. Spray with a spinosad based product and your problem will go away. I'd guess that the invader is a caterpillar but unsure and that is why I recommend spinosad instead of Bt. It could be slugs or snails but my experience with them is that they do more damage. You will have to make a midnight recon to make sure.

Any brand recommendations that work well or that you're using?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Any brand recommendations that work well or that you're using?
Monterrey is what is available here but GreenLight, Captain Jacks..........they are all the same. Just make sure the active ingredient is spinosad.. For slugs and snails I'd use SluggoPlus, it has spinosad in it too. And both or organic

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, look like caterpillar to me too.

Ask a Question