Famous Local Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I'm wondering if any of you have some well known gardens near to where you live.

One of my favorites that I've been to in Japan is called the Hitachi Seaside Park. There are always seasonal flowers in bloom and it's incredible no matter what time of year you visit - there's always something growing!

Here's some examples for you:

Hitachi-seaside-park6-900x597.jpg

Hitachi+Seaside+Park+Japan_7.jpg
Hitachi+Seaside+Park+Japan_6.jpg

Simply beautiful, I think!

What about you - any neat public gardens where you live, or any famous ones in your country that you're aware of?

Reaction score
Simply amazing, if I ever visit Japan I'd love to visit that place for sure! So beautiful! Sadly over here we don't have a lot things growing, so no famous gardens at all. I like in a desert... we do have a couple trees, but I guess the only thing that comes close to a garden and that is kinda famous is a parking building that was built in front the hospital:

es4.jpg

603160_596298723741382_275841593_n.jpg

Kinda sad if you think too much about it, lol. It looks even prettier at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There is a lovely Japanese garden near my parents' house and a giant park that looks like a garden. I love spending time there.
The Hitachi Seaside Park looks like a magical place!:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm wondering if any of you have some well known gardens near to where you live.

One of my favorites that I've been to in Japan is called the Hitachi Seaside Park. There are always seasonal flowers in bloom and it's incredible no matter what time of year you visit - there's always something growing!

Here's some examples for you:

Hitachi-seaside-park6-900x597.jpg

Hitachi+Seaside+Park+Japan_7.jpg
Hitachi+Seaside+Park+Japan_6.jpg

Simply beautiful, I think!

What about you - any neat public gardens where you live, or any famous ones in your country that you're aware of?
Amazing carpet of colours Amelia.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Simply amazing, if I ever visit Japan I'd love to visit that place for sure! So beautiful! Sadly over here we don't have a lot things growing, so no famous gardens at all. I like in a desert... we do have a couple trees, but I guess the only thing that comes close to a garden and that is kinda famous is a parking building that was built in front the hospital:

es4.jpg

603160_596298723741382_275841593_n.jpg

Kinda sad if you think too much about it, lol. It looks even prettier at night.

I love that they've incorporated nature into a building! It's a smart way to make an urban environment feel more relaxed, I think. They're actually doing that quite a bit in Japan now (especially in downtown Tokyo!) with things like rooftop gardens and so forth. A nice little break from the hustle and bustle in the middle of a giant metropolis!

Reaction score
Thanks, @amelia88 Yeah, I also liked they did that, I thought it was such a great change :) They had never done something like this before over here, so I was kind of surprised when I heard the news and even more surprised when I saw the final result. I wish they did more things like this, they are so pleasant to see :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
An early spring tour of the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri

Ask a Question