Fall Fertilizing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to decide whether to fertilize my trees and shrubs in fall. In the few years we've been at the house, I've only fertilized in spring, but I just planted a good number of mountain laurels, arborvitae, white pine and oregon grape holly and am wondering if maybe I should hit everything with some Espoma fertilizer next month, and make fall fertilizing a regular thing. What do folks here think?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Espoma fertilizer is a super choice for fall fertilizer application because it's not too hot. Even if the tree has dropped its leaves you can still fertilize because the roots are alive.

Benefits of Fall Fertilization After a long growing season, your trees start to wind down their activity in fall. Fertilizing your trees in fall will help them build up their energy stores to carry them through winter. (You won't see any growth above ground during winter, but tree roots never sleep!). Google

Ask a Question