Elephant ear, what kind?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I ave planted an elephant ear into my garden coming from a container about 2 weeks back. At the momenr it is not looking 100% healthy but needs little time. At least there is a new shoot developing from the bulb. Next to the bulb there has a new shoot apeared over the past couple days which I am sure is a offspring of the motherplant. Could this be correct? I cannot wait till this plant becomes as large as people say it will be
20210916_131412.jpg
20210916_131423.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Fred, welcome to the Forum.
I hope you will continue to post pics of your aroid as it gets larger.
The small offset leaf reminds me of Alocasia odora, but I am far from certain. It could be an Alocasia, Colocasia, Leucocasia, Xanthosoma, etc.
Hopefully, with time, you be able to tell which species, hybrid, or cultivar it is. Eventually it should bloom, which will also be helpful for identification.

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
Hello Fred, welcome to the Forum.
I hope you will continue to post pics of your aroid as it gets larger.
The small offset leaf reminds me of Alocasia odora, but I am far from certain. It could be an Alocasia, Colocasia, Leucocasia, Xanthosoma, etc.
Hopefully, with time, you be able to tell which species, hybrid, or cultivar it is. Eventually it should bloom, which will also be helpful for identification.
True. We, here, use it's tubers to make delicacies.

Ask a Question