Elephant ear

Reaction score
Country
United States
My elephant ear I got from Georgia has been looking awful we are now in Colorado and repotted today the roots and soil were compacted and we switched to a better soil closer look it had new shoots stuck under the surface some snapped off just by handling during reporting. I’m trying to repot and grow now. There was a baby shoot that died that surfaced the soil I’m wondering why? And also how common it is that I have new baby plants stuck below the surface. We keep it in a window full sun the temperature was 92 where it sits I’m sure it’s to hot how can I fix this it’s the only window with good light.
any and all info welcome

Reaction score
Country
United States
Further elaborate the baby plant that died that surfaced started healthy and the same size it was when I got it then it yellowed and died like old leaves would expect the entire shoot died. It was watering, soil and I’m assuming light/heat issues the old soil was becoming water locked and cheap soil I’m hoping it bounces back with this nicer soil.

Ask a Question