Egg plant delima

Trainman

Trainman zone 9A
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
United States
I bought some Egglpant seedlings this year early April. Not sure of the variety. Just spontaneous buy. The plants are growing well and has 10-15 berries on each plant. The Berries seem to be holding at about 4". Should I be removing some of the fruit to allow more energy to the remaining fruit or am I just being inpatient?
20220526_195113.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beautiful plants. Just keep doing what you are doing.....maybe fertilize lightly again. Gardening is a study in patience but not knowing the variety of eggplant I can't tell from their size when to pick. I see one fruit that appears it is ready

Trainman

Trainman zone 9A
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
United States
Beautiful plants. Just keep doing what you are doing.....maybe fertilize lightly again. Gardening is a study in patience but not knowing the variety of eggplant I can't tell from their size when to pick. I see one fruit that appears it is ready
I've already picked some young ones and roasted them, yummy. I also just gave the another does of organic fertilizer too. Hate the wait, love the reward. Thanks for your input.

Trainman

Trainman zone 9A
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
United States
Thanks, I believe there are of the Baby eggplant variety. I have harvested about 20 berries at this point.

Ask a Question