Dog treats....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sam loves fish. I might try this marble thing but with something like catfish...........which also gives me a good reason to go fishing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sam loves fish. I might try this marble thing but with something like catfish...........which also gives me a good reason to go fishing.
Any fish is good, as long as it is properly boned. Small fish bones could cause a lot of nasty problems. I choose pilchards because, as well as being good and oily, it costs relatively less to buy it - ready to use.
I would buy my boys the hard dog biscuits, the kind good for their teeth. Would use them in training sessions, of find it games. I could scrap the biscuit on my shoe and shuffle around the yard , then hide one . release him from a sit stay to go find it. He loved that game. There is also that hard rubber dog toy , called Kong, its usually red. Has a hole at the top, can shove biscuits in there and they worked for a good 20 mins getting them all out.
My dogs have special chews for taking care of their teeth. (y)

Scrungee

Frugal gardener
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We use this recipe, but without the Garlic, substituting fresh caught Mackerel (from Chesil Beach) for the Tuna, and using eggs from our hens.

But at the moment we're stocking up on freebies from https://waggfoods.com/#dogtreatspromowagg

One bag per email, we have 300+ emails, coupons are printed to file and then 'snipped' and printed out at 3 per page to save on ink.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Our cats love treats. Among favorites are the water from water packed tuna, ham scraps, cooked salmon bits, and for Timi, oyster crackers or black oil sunflower seeds stolen from the platform bird feeder. Timi has strange tastes . . . .
We are careful to not give them anything too rich, bony, or sweet. They love the Purina treats, and when those are on sale, I stock up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
for my cats I use that dental tooth treat stuff, they like it. One also is hooked on Cat Nip, if his scratching post needs more cat nip, he will come and get me to put more on the post.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just as an FYI to all, have you read the Human Toothpaste tube, it says, "do not swallow" But dogs will swallow, that is why the dog toothpaste is needed.

A lot of toothpaste has xylitol in it, it's a sugar alcohol. It's to make the toothpaste sweet without contributing to tooth decay. Xylitol is toxic for dogs.

What is Toothpaste Poisoning?
The toxicity of this product has a rapid effect on canines. Considered safe for humans, xylitol, can cause life-threatening low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) within 10 to 15 minutes of ingestion. Eating a large quantity of toothpaste or other products such as baked goods or mint candy can cause liver necrosis (death of liver cells) and liver failure.

Read more at: https://wagwalking.com/condition/toothpaste-poisoning

Ask a Question