Does Gardening Cheer You Up

Reaction score
Yes gardening really does cheer me up and get me smiling more because seeing those beautiful flowers lifts your spirits. I don't go out to the garden all the time but sometimes I do when I need to destress. Flowers have a way of bringing happiness back. I'm always cheerful in the garden on a day that is filled with sunshine.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes gardening really does cheer me up and get me smiling more because seeing those beautiful flowers lifts your spirits. I don't go out to the garden all the time but sometimes I do when I need to destress. Flowers have a way of bringing happiness back. I'm always cheerful in the garden on a day that is filled with sunshine.
I agree with this. The feeling of seeing so beautiful and alive creatures is so uplifting. And it's also a break from some of the beautiful people who give us the exact opposite of what beautiful plants do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't feel cheerful or depressed gardening. I do however get closer to achieving a state of zen or inner peace where I can't be bothered by anyone or anything. It's like my own personal zone.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Reading your posts, I am truly amazed by what gardening can do to you and to everybody else with green hands. It's like a spell making us feel different sorts and I like it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is one of the activities that relaxing me. When I am stressed out or worry about something, I found digging in the dirt, weeding out the garden, staring at flowers, and looking for new buds really help keeping my mind calmed. I focus on small simple pleasure that my garden gives me!

Reaction score
I feel much better when I garden, same with cooking, even if I'm stressed out I start feeling really relaxed when I start doing it. Sadly I can no longer do that, but soon I will :O I love gardening, it has always been so satisfying, but I'm pretty sure that once I start planting and harvesting my own edibles everything will be much better! I will feel waaaay more satisfied! I do it for health reasons too, by the way.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gardening is very relaxing to me. When I am feeling a little aggressive I take it out on the weends and do some pruning. It feels good to see the space all cleaned up and I got some exercise out there pulling the weeds. I use my gardening time as my mediation time.

Ask a Question