Do you put your fireplace ashes in your garden?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I've never heard of this either but it is worth a try. Do you notice a difference in your plants after you add it?
What I would say is that, after extolling the virtues of woodash as a fertiliser at the allotments, and others seeing the results, more and more are convinced of its value.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I guess this would be a good idea around here, since all the oak trees drop their leaves and probably make our soil acidic. Am I correct in thinking that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I guess this would be a good idea around here, since all the oak trees drop their leaves and probably make our soil acidic. Am I correct in thinking that?
Not necessarily. I have hundreds of oak trees and my soil is 7.6. I wish they did. I have been composting them and using them for mulch for years and my basic soil hasn't changed enough to measure. It all depends on what your soil is to begin with I think

Ask a Question