Do you like your home area? Explain!

Reaction score
Country
United States
haha, nice to see a fellow admirer of the localities. I like it for planting many different things but a lot of humidity around here kills off tender plants so I often times have to replant indoors to save some poor greenery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have come to appreciate where I live over the years more and more, but especially recently as I have returned to gardening actively on a regular basis. It can get unbearably hot in July and August, and occasionally the winter temperatures dip into freezing, but for the most part, it's green year-round and with a little planning and effort, you can grow fruit, flowers, herbs, and vegetables all through the year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Galmal- your home area looks beautiful and clean. I have been to Memphis once and it was not a fun experience for me. I was pregnant with my daughter, it was hot, and a homeless guy decided to throw rocks at me for no apparent reason. I am sure it was just a fluke bad experience.:eek:
Sorry you had such a bad experience, Memphis has a really bad reputation as being a rough city. It's in the far west corner of Tennessee. I live in the eastern portion, about halfway between Knoxville and Nashville. The state is very different here - it's very rural and we live on a plateau - there are some parks that have vistas of 25-30 miles a least. And because we're on a plateau, we have dozens of waterfalls and rapids - it's so beautiful. And the people, for the most part, are good old Southern people - friendly and laid back.

Ask a Question