Speakers/Home Assistants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got a Google or Amazon Home Assistant/Speaker..
I have and I love it
What have you and what do you use it for mostly
Discuss

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's a con - Amazon encourages you to part with your money and knows all your household habits and will bombard you with similar stuff so that you want to buy and buy. It's like using fleabay. They stalk your every move. I bought some sphagnum moss AGAIN and lo and behold, they threw up a pic of Flower of Sulphur that I bought. These transnationals have entered AND taken over your psyche .. and send a virus to control our buying habits subliminally. No more secrets.

It's like when you join LinkedIn, they go into your address book and annoy you with orders like, "Do you know Edith ???" What has it got to do with them? Apologies to Edith ???

It could be fun now, but soon, they can control the prices and when the box orders stuff for you, you don't even have the chance to feel the quality, compare the prices. A big dumbing down process! Shopping should be fun .. go out and if I had spare money, a cup of tea and a lovely cake. (Ah, what am I doing NOW?)

Reliance on any electronics is not a good idea. Soon, if our kids were stranded in a jungle or desert, they couldn't even write as their laptop or mobile phone counted for nothing in those dire situations.

Let's put it this way, whenever I key in something, Google invariably takes me to a product .. for me to BUY! The key word is BUY, BUY IT NOW, BUY AND PART WITH YOUR MONEY! Not all of us have a pair of hands like yours, BigC!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have Alexa and Google Home. Actually I have three Google Home setups. One at home and at both of my stores. Once I found out I can easily cast Amazon to any google home speaker or chromecast tv it was over, because we use gmail, google calender, and google voice and pay google adwords.

The intelligence is most definitely artifical, though I do like the unique voice recognition on GH. It makes it easy to setup reminders or customer appointments on the calender.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@alp some things never change.
tc9l04e7uft01.jpg

Ask a Question