Do you leave enough space in your garden for furniture?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I have a small garden. And I can not spend much time there. Therefore, a seating area is very mobile.
IMG_8382.JPG IMG_8436.JPG IMG_8443.JPG IMG_8462.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, part of the reason I plant a garden is to enjoy looking at it. There's nothing better than sitting outside on a warm summer evening sipping on an iced tea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We have a small patio area right now with a neat wooden table and chairs, but the patio is out the front of our home and the larger garden is at the back (weird design, I know!) so it's not really like we get to enjoy the back garden area by sitting out there. Eventually, one day I would love to have a larger yard space where I could actually have more furniture - I would really like to be able to optimize the space like that and make it a pleasant sitting area to just read and relax!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I going to add a new sitting area in the north garden/ shade garden as soon as the grounds dry out enough to work there. I never have enough places to sit and relax when I'm out gardening.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Part of enjoying a garden is being able to sit in the beautiful area that you created. I always make sure that I leave space to throw down a blanket or put out a few chairs and an occasional table. Do you leave space to put garden furniture or is it more of a walk thru affair?

I like to leave space in my garden for furniture. I would recommend that you think of what furniture you might want to have (table, chairs, hammock, etc.) as well as how much space you have. From there, I would design my garden with a central area without plants and if I didn't add furniture there, I would have a fruit tree there. Remember to plan for a way to access your hangout area.

Ask a Question