Do you leave enough space in your garden for furniture?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Here is where I sit. Inside there is a couch, a table with 4 chairs and a chaise lounge. Some candles hanging from the rafters also. We call this area our back valley, it is about 100 paces from the house. Other garden areas are way before this and many of course around the house. View attachment 7991
I'm having a closer look at your lovely Back Valley setting and realize with the doors you must have it with mesh. What a great spot, keeping out the mossies and the flies.:love: You can have an even more relaxing nap! I'd love it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I'm having a closer look at your lovely Back Valley setting and realize with the doors you must have it with mesh. What a great spot, keeping out the mossies and the flies.:love: You can have an even more relaxing nap! I'd love it
all the windows and yes the doors are screened in, so yes no bugs come in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
here you go, found it, this was taken about 4 years ago. But it give you the idea of what "The Valley" area looks like, and yet another place to sit, The pergola, nice long cushion. since then, things have grown, and more plantings have been done. And moved things around. If you note as I roam around "the valley" you cannot see our house from there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thank you Esther. That was a lovely tour of your Valley Garden. It does look very tranquil. When it is Spring here I'd love to take you on a tour of my garden. I'll have to practice up on the names of plants. I tend to have mental blocks and then remember in the middle of the night. I leave the labels on till the are illegible to remind myself and in the hope that I'll remember. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Thank you Esther. That was a lovely tour of your Valley Garden. It does look very tranquil. When it is Spring here I'd love to take you on a tour of my garden. I'll have to practice up on the names of plants. I tend to have mental blocks and then remember in the middle of the night. I leave the labels on till the are illegible to remind myself and in the hope that I'll remember. Thanks again.
on nice about forums like this and people from different parts of the world with different seasons, its always spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's so very true, it's always spring here!:D Thank you for sharing those lovely videos Esther. Your "The Valley" area is a wonderful place, it looks absolutely beautiful.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Yes I have a space for upto six chairs. I like seating under a tree when the weather is very hot. I also have some flowers around which make the place look beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Yes I have a space for upto six chairs. I like seating under a tree when the weather is very hot. I also have some flowers around which make the place look beautiful.
Sounds lovely sixxup. We are only a few weeks till spring time so really looking forward to sitting out side again.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I like my garden to be just that. A garden. I don't have any furniture out there as I make use of all the space to grow something for my kitchen. I would put out a wooden bench if there was space for it.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
What a nice idea! My garden is a walk through affair. Part of the reason is the economics of space. I am going to construct a small resting pad in my garden to add to the ambience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
I think furniture in the garden gives the whole area a nice appearance. If there is room on the lawn, a nice bench in the middle of the lawn, or 2 benches for that matter, is good, not only for the general appearance, but also for sitting out and relaxing. My neighbours have benches on their lawn and I sometimes see them out on the benches relaxing with other folk. It is a good idea, but so far, we have no benches in our garden, although there is ample room for such. We actually have a concrete area next to our garden, that holds a few plant pots around the sides. A bench would look perfect on that concrete area. One can sit out in their garden and read a book, or just sit out there for the sake of it, and relax while enjoying the outdoors.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a nice potted garden area with sitting incorporated. This is the type of space I would like in my yard.

th

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I also think a small bench or a couple of chairs are good for a garden, in the case you want to rest outside or have a barbecue.

Ask a Question