Diseased ornamental cherry tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

Im in East TN and have several ornamental (non flowering) cherry trees in my front yard. One of them started looking a little worse for wear so I had all of them sprayed by a local company. However, it only seems to have made it worse. The tree now barely has any leaves and some of the limbs are breaking off in light wind! I have found a couple of critters around but don't think they are involved (at least my google search didn't reveal anything). Im attaching several pictures of the ailing tree as well as it brother (sister?) literally 20ft away that is hale and hearty. Any idea what is wrong with the tree, and how I might go about saving this beautiful trees life?

Sorry if Ive formatted things wrong this is my first post here as Im getting quite desperate as nothing has worked to help this poor tree...

Thanks in advance!
IMG_1155.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would have a certified arborist come and look at the tree. The insects are a June Bug and I think a Crane Fly. The larvae of both eat grass roots but are not the cause of your tree problem

Ask a Question