Diseased bush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all could anyone please tell me what this is on my bush, it has killed the bush just wondering what it is ? Thanks
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all could anyone please tell me what this is on my bush, it has killed the bush just wondering what it is ? ThanksView attachment 57204View attachment 57204
I don't think the bush is dead. It still has lots of green on the trunk and stem. IMO what you have are soft scale insects or possibly aphids and the black stuff is honeydew. If you could send a close up picture of the white stuff on the trunk and leaves I could be sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the bush is dead. It still has lots of green on the trunk and stem. IMO what you have are soft scale insects or possibly aphids and the black stuff is honeydew. If you could send a close up picture of the white stuff on the trunk and leaves I could be sure.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry best my I pad can photo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sorry best my I pad can photo
There are many different types of scale, both hard and soft. If you will google "soft white scale insect images" I am sure you will find the culprit. I hope you didn't dig up your bush because it is far from dead. If you just cut the bush off at soil level I am pretty sure the plant will come back. To kill these insects spray with Neem every 5-7 days for 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Scale and aphids. Not savable. Fodder for the fire pit. Looks like an Euonymus which a magnet for scale.

Ask a Question