Dining inside or outside?

Reaction score
Since cooking is one of my passion in life I always love to cook for my family and that is the reason why we always bond together to eat right in the privacy of our own house. In my home country we had a small garden at the back of our house a secured private place and that is where we always eat together. We had a gazebo in the middle of our lawn and this is always where we hang out if all of us are all in the house during weekend.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't mind eating outside if the weather allows. Provided there aren't any idiots smoking it isn't so bad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like to eat outside weather permitting. Here in Virginia, outdoor dining is possible a good bit of the year, however, you would want to avoid it in he heat and humidity of the summer or the cold of winter. Right now, in the evening it might be OK, when the sun starts to set a bit...but then again you might be accosted by insects.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love to dine outside, I live in Kansas and while its humid here and hot I rather dine outside in the heat sometimes then in my house. I have two dogs that sometimes think they need a bite so sometimes its just nice to have a quite relaxing dinner outside with the husband, I say we probably eat our dinner (cooler at night) about 50 percent of the time out side in the spring, summer, and fall. We also cook out a lot which means we dine outside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I often cook outside but I don't necessarily dine outside. I will bring my food in so I can watch TV alot of the time. However, if there is nothing on, I want to watch and it is a nice evening, I might well dine outside. It is just one of the things that I will do. I think it is a good way to get outside and enjoy nature. I find it relaxing and different.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love to dine outside. I live in Oregon though, and when it is warm enough to actually do so, there is always wasps every where! It makes eating outside really difficult unless you want to be followed by a swarm of wasps.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I love to have breakfast and lunch on my deck most of the time, except for winter when even I can't tell myself it's pleasant. To me dinner outside on a summer evening is wonderful. But I agree with Elena regarding the mosquitoes dining with us and on us:confused::mad:. Luckily for me they like my husband more than me. :confused:. We've tried all sorts of remedies but the spray on repellant is the most reliable unfortunately. A cuppa in the morning with the newspaper, soduko, cross word, my visiting King Parrots and Rosellas asking for their breakfast all comfy on my couch and able to admire my garden and make gardening plans. What more can you ask:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I don't like dining while outdoors to avoid birds' droppings and dry leaves which may fall into my food. There are a lot of birds in my yard which can disturb one while eating. There are a lot of crows which like snatching pieces of meat or bread from children, and that's why I do avoid dining outside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Company is coming. still nice out.
IMG_1265.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG
IMG_1266.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looks lovely Esther. Magnificent centrepiece and all from your own garden I bet. And I love the touch of a flower on each plate. Do your guests place them over their ear during dinner? I just had another look and as there is no stem maybe they could balance them on their heads....good for posture but probably a bit difficult after a wine or two:). Your setting looks very welcoming, I'm sure your guests will love it. Is the serviette placement a USA thing? Looks very practical as well as aesthetic.

Last edited:

Ask a Question