Little bugs on my inside flowers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I received a few houseplants for Valentine's day. They did really well at first and grew for a few weeks. Then, I started to notice tiny bugs(barely visible) crawling all over them. Does anyone know what this is? Any ideas on how to stop this problem? My plants ended up dying, but I bought some new plants. I will be devastated if they die as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I received a few houseplants for Valentine's day. They did really well at first and grew for a few weeks. Then, I started to notice tiny bugs(barely visible) crawling all over them. Does anyone know what this is? Any ideas on how to stop this problem? My plants ended up dying, but I bought some new plants. I will be devastated if they die as well.
I can only imagine what they might be. A picture is worth a thousand words

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
They haven't appeared on my new plants, but if they do I'll be posting a picture as quickly as possible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Someone who saw them suggest the may be spider mites? I'm not completely sure how reliable she was.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Someone who saw them suggest the may be spider mites? I'm not completely sure how reliable she was.
If they are spider mites you will see tiny tiny threads which look like spider webs. The mites will be on the underside of the leaves and are almost impossible to see. Get a sheet of white paper, pick off a suspected infested leaf and thump it on the paper. If it is spider mites you will see almost microscopic dots walking around. If you do then spray with either Neem or a spinoisad based insecticide. Spray ALL of your plants on both sides of the leaves and stems. Neem and spinosad are both totally organic and will not harm anything but the insects. If you plants become really infested with these things you may as well throw everything away including the pots. Don't believe all the hype about soap sprays. They work on some things but not spider mites

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
If they are spider mites you will see tiny tiny threads which look like spider webs. The mites will be on the underside of the leaves and are almost impossible to see. Get a sheet of white paper, pick off a suspected infested leaf and thump it on the paper. If it is spider mites you will see almost microscopic dots walking around. If you do then spray with either Neem or a spinoisad based insecticide. Spray ALL of your plants on both sides of the leaves and stems. Neem and spinosad are both totally organic and will not harm anything but the insects. If you plants become really infested with these things you may as well throw everything away including the pots. Don't believe all the hype about soap sprays. They work on some things but not spider mites
Wow, thank you! That sounds exactly like what happened. My friend had actually suggested a soap spray and our plant still died. We had to throw out two perfectly good plants. I will definitely try this and go buy some asap. I really would like to keep my new plants alive. Thanks again this truly did help.

Ask a Question