Decorative items in the garden

Reaction score
What kind of decorative things do you have? I saw a photo of a wall of colored birdhouses in a garden and really like that idea. It was kind of like this, but on a fence rather than on a house exterior:
6a00d8345216fc69e20115708ddc8a970b-400wi

Previously I have been a very utilitarian gardener but I am looking to branch out and add some whimsy in the future.

Reaction score
I do not have anything decorative in my garden. I haven't found anything that I love and can't live without. Yes, I have found some cute things such as statues, but I haven't added any decor to my garden.

Reaction score
I'm not a great one for garden decorations, as I prefer to use plants in a decorative way and prefer plants with strong bold outlines and striking flowers and foliage, but do sometimes, use large empty ornamental pots to enhance a particular plant combination, as they are subtle enough so as not to detract from the plants themselves:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the wall of colored birdhouses, it looks so adorable! Thank you for showing us the picture:) I don't have any decorations yet, mostly because I share a garden with my parents. When I have my own garden, I'll make it as beautiful as possible. I have a soft spot for mirror decorations like this:

wooden-bow-top-aged-filigree-garden-mirror_cms_site_products_images_470-1-772_800_800_False.png

Reaction score
I love the wall of colored birdhouses, it looks so adorable! Thank you for showing us the picture:) I don't have any decorations yet, mostly because I share a garden with my parents. When I have my own garden, I'll make it as beautiful as possible. I have a soft spot for mirror decorations like this:
Oh I love that mirror idea! I have found some good ideas on Pinterest too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh yes, there are many pictures, because mirrors make a perfect garden decoration and are quite popular. Thanks to them, any garden looks much bigger.
Here are a few more gorgeous ideas:

Antique-Garden-Mirror-3.jpg

700_hi-low-mirrors-in-gardens-06.jpg

Original-Tom-Russell_Smart-Chic-Outdoors-mirror-garland-beauty_s4x3_lg.jpg

The last one is my favorite, because it looks very subtle:)

Reaction score
Oh my what gorgeous pictures. I have statuary, wind chimes (metal and wooden) but I would have never thought of the mirrors. Those are just so inspirint to me and just lovely to look at.

Reaction score
Not a big fan of decorations, unless we are talking about Halloween decorations ;) But if I ever have to decorate my garden, I'd surely go for something basic and simple. I saw this and I thought it was quite beautiful:

cf32bc95ae70f32b48481dcd92b840d41.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The bike planter looks really pretty. A florist near my house has a bike like this too, in my opinion it's a very nice idea.
Personally, I would love to decorate my garden with lanterns. These would be perfect, they're so romantic:

a%20garden%20lantern.jpg

Reaction score
I love the whimsical look of bird houses and I have been a collector for years. Bird houses and butterfly houses have hung on my porches for as long as I can remember. I am also a fan of wind chimes (hubby hates them) and I use to have several of them up outside as well. I did take them down and put them in my craft room since they irritate hubby so.

Reaction score
Currently, near my vegetable gardening area I have a round cement pig and a ceramic rooster, that I inherited from my mom. She had lots of garden ornaments but they are not really my style. They were painted but are faded and chipped so I thought I might repaint them one day. I also have an old wheel barrow that I plan on painting and filling with annuals next spring. I like the mirror idea above!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the whimsical look of bird houses and I have been a collector for years. Bird houses and butterfly houses have hung on my porches for as long as I can remember. I am also a fan of wind chimes (hubby hates them) and I use to have several of them up outside as well. I did take them down and put them in my craft room since they irritate hubby so.

You know, it's the first time when I hear of butterfly houses. I had had no idea what do they look like, so I googled them and I found some pictures. It's such a lovely idea to built a house for butterflies!
In my opinion they look very pretty:

butterfly-house5.jpg

butterfly-house.jpg

Reaction score
The bike planter looks really pretty. A florist near my house has a bike like this too, in my opinion it's a very nice idea.
Personally, I would love to decorate my garden with lanterns. These would be perfect, they're so romantic:

a%20garden%20lantern.jpg

Those lantern decorations look lovely :) I liked the idea of using glasses of different colours, I think that creates a very nice ilusion :) I'd use glasses of different colours for this idea.

Edit: Now that I think about it, using sand of different colours would have a great effect as well!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a decoration idea I've always liked, not so hard to pull it off for anyone who feels interested:

spring_garden_ideas_2.jpg

I've seen this being done, and I must say I've always liked this amazing decoration idea :)

This is very pretty:

images

2-DSC_6506-zoom.jpg

Ask a Question