Daffodil 'Tazetta Geranium'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
2016-04-25 Daffodil 'Tazetta Geranium' (close-up) .jpg
2016-04-25 Daffodil 'Tazetta Geranium' (full plant group view).jpg

Daffodil 'Tazetta Geranium' (from my garden, Apr. 25, 2016). This 'Geranium' has extremely fragrant flowers with petals that are a brilliant white and the small cup is bright orange. This is a very beautiful daffodil and one of the most fragrant around. The scent is sweet and light with a hint of lemon. It has relatively small flowers, but it produces a lot of them. Every stem sports 3 to 5 brightly colored, fragrant, one-inch flowers and each bulb produces several stems. One of Holland's great Tazetta hybrids.

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Pretty! Is it true that a lot of plants are allergic to daffodil? I read this somewhere, so I've never tried them. :/

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think it was when I got married. The florist had a sheet of info on seasonal flowers...idk. They're still pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
not sure what your trying to show with your almanac feature. Anyway, I do have 100,000 bulbs on our property, 70,000 are daffodils all are happy, overly happy, with each other. and I also have lots of rip van winkles as listed in the almanac site

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The almanac that Brandie referenced says:

"When cut, daffodils should be kept alone in a vase, as their stems secrete a fluid that promotes the wilting of other flowers. If you must combine them, soak them by themselves for as long as possible, then rinse them and add them to the arrangement last. Note that contact with the sap of daffodils may irritate skin or aggravate skin allergies."

I don't think the above cautions are an issue when the plant is still in the ground.

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Huh?
not sure what your trying to show with your almanac feature. Anyway, I do have 100,000 bulbs on our property, 70,000 are daffodils all are happy, overly happy, with each other. and I also have lots of rip van winkles as listed in the almanac site
??

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks! I did find it a rather strange concept, but never thought to question it, since I heard it from my florist. That must have been what she meant. Maybe I'll try some in a pot!
The almanac that Brandie referenced says:

"When cut, daffodils should be kept alone in a vase, as their stems secrete a fluid that promotes the wilting of other flowers. If you must combine them, soak them by themselves for as long as possible, then rinse them and add them to the arrangement last. Note that contact with the sap of daffodils may irritate skin or aggravate skin allergies."

I don't think the above cautions are an issue when the plant is still in the ground.

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Esther... I am not sure if I am misinterpreting inflection, but it sounds like you might be trying to berate me. I have nothing to prove, I'm just here for good vibes and to have fun in this forum. I hope you can do so as well.
Esther

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
if you look above bkoopers identified the area that you intended to use to support your initial statement. I simply did not see it. and you will see I responded that you learn something new to learn.

Ask a Question