Daffodil question

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Last January, I planted 5 daffodil bulbs. I started them late due to some reason.... They sprouted and grew to a couple of inches but did nothing else.
They went on through the 40°C summers without dying down.
I live in a tropical place. I need to referigerate the bulbs but they haven't even gone dormant......
What should I do? Should I leave them be or should I dig them up and referigerate them?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
I tried to dig one of the bulbs and noticed it had extensive root system as well
Please someone tell me what to do

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
ok, so this is 5 bulbs we are talking about. and you live in a tropical place. I would get a pretty pot, with a drain in it. some soil . put some soil on the bottom. then gently dig up the bulbs keep as much of the soil you can and keep the green. put them in the pot. and leave the pot outside for now. the green should go away soon. when november hits, then put the pot and all, even if there is some green in the coldest part of your house. or the back of your fridge. give it little water every couple weeks. just like melting snow would happen. then in the spring put the pot outside and leave alone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK daffs are Planted Out In Autumn, if transplanting, all foliage cut down to base, can also be potted and left outside, sometimes we put in the dark to force them on. I'm interested to hear what you folks do where you are.

Ask a Question