Cutting with scisors?

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
Well, I woke up early this morning to cut the lawn because it really was tall and ugly so my dad and I just wanted to give it a better look, the thing is that our pushpower couldn't start and I had to use the scisors to cut the lawn. It definitely is one of the most annoying and painful things ever, indeed.
Do you still use scisors to cut the grass?

Reaction score
Country
You must have a very very small lawn?

Sorry but this sounds silly!

Ahaha, nah! I have a lawn of around 3x1, it's not that big, but it's really annoying when it comes to cutting it with the scisors. By the way, I'm talking about gardening scisors, don't get me wrong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
By 3x1, you mean feet? Meters?
3x1 feet I suppose I could see using scissors. Otherwise, a reel or manual mower, strimmer, neighbor, or if you have one handy, a goat. :) All better alternatives to scissors I think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yikes, I have an over one acre lawn. I can not imagine cutting it with scissors. It would take me forever to cut my lawn. It is just one of the things that I would never do. THis is just one of the things that I would never consider. I have a neighbor who is diligent about his lawn, and even he does not cut it with scissors.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
It depends on the size of scissors you are using and their sharpness. We use secateurs to trim fences and lawns. In the absence of a lawn mower, I would consider using pruning shears if its not a large lawn as is the case in our home. We have a small lawn with resilient tropical grass that withstands the use of a sharp machete.

Reaction score
Country
Yikes, I have an over one acre lawn. I can not imagine cutting it with scissors. It would take me forever to cut my lawn. It is just one of the things that I would never do. THis is just one of the things that I would never consider. I have a neighbor who is diligent about his lawn, and even he does not cut it with scissors.

It definitely would be such a crazy thing to do, of course. I really do use scisors because my lawn is not way too big and therefore it's quite easy, but really tiring. You must be out of your mind to cut an acre of lawn with scisors, indeed.

Reaction score
Country
It depends on the size of scissors you are using and their sharpness. We use secateurs to trim fences and lawns. In the absence of a lawn mower, I would consider using pruning shears if its not a large lawn as is the case in our home. We have a small lawn with resilient tropical grass that withstands the use of a sharp machete.

I curently have a pair of large scisors which are really useful for my small sized lawn garden, however, it's really tiring and boring. I've thought about using littler scisors to make it easier for me, but those must cost a lot of money, I don't really know about the prices nowadays, I'd have to go out and check them out by myself, indeed.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used scissors to trim around the flower bed. It does the job but very back breaking. We have to invest in a lawn mower. Out lawn person has not been reliable this year. I was thinking of just using a weed wacker with the round blades I have seen on TV, any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have a Craftsman cordless weedwhacker that does a pretty good job of trimming around. It is one of the things that I feel I can use to make an impact on my lawn. I mostly use it to trim vegetation that gets out of control, and of of course for weeds. It is really good for things like that. I think it is just one of the ways to easily control your vegetation.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I once had a problem with the lawn mower and had to cut the lawn with a weed wacker. It took quit a long time to do and it didn't come out but it got the job done even.

Reaction score
Country
I once had a problem with the lawn mower and had to cut the lawn with a weed wacker. It took quit a long time to do and it didn't come out but it got the job done even.

Sometimes it doesn't end up the way you want it to, but it's something, at least.

Ask a Question