Cut flowers, what's your favorite?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favourites are roses. Big, wonderful, red roses from my boyfriend - some of them stay for two weeks if I change their water regularly. It's good to add a little bit of salt to it.
And I love tulips!!! When I have them in my room, everything looks so cheerful:D

Jed

Reaction score
gift cards

It’s a tried-and-true way to keep roses and other cut flowers fresh longer: Put a crushed aspirin in the water before adding your flowers. Other household items that you can put in the water to extend the life of your flower arrangements include: a multivitamin, a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and baking soda, and even a copper penny. Also, don’t forget to change the vase water every few days.
A penny sounds interesting. I guess copper leaches particles that can become antibacterial and antifungal compounds. It no doubt will give off copper chlorides with the chlorine they add to water plus oxides.
A great preservative for wood and probably flowers.:confused:

Reaction score
I just love the rosal coz it really really smells nice. I love African daisies too coz of their vibrant colors.

AfricanDaisy.jpg
Rosal+(Medium).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
African daisies look really pretty!:D

Personally, I'm more and more obsessed with tulips, just look at these:

TUL20redshrt_5cyl10_PF

4316D.jpg

Reaction score
My favorite will always be oriental lilies! They smell so wonderful and last such a long time if you remember to keep changing the water and trimming the stems. White lilies smell the best, but the pink ones are wonderful as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Flowerlady, oriental lilies are very pretty.
You know what else I love? Lilac. A big bouquet of lilac can make any room look lovely and very romantic. What is also very important, the smell of it is just heavenly.
Aren't these pictures beautiful:

purpleandblueweddingideas.jpg

9764714-bukiet-fioletowy-lilac-w-wazon.jpg

Reaction score
Mini-Carns are my favorite hearty flower. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE bulb plants. Especially freesia and hyacinth. Their fragrances are heavenly! I have several aqua-vases, for growing hyacinth without soil. (Sick friend couldn't have soil, but loved living plants) I would grow and rotate them for her. After she passed, I took one out to the cemetary. Filled up the flower holder with water, and dropped the un-vased hyacinth down into the submerged holder bulb and all. That thing lasted a looooong time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In the spring I like to have a full vase of tulips sitting around. I grew up in a Dutch community and come spring, there are fields of tulips miles long. They have made an entire festival surrounding the harvest. Tulips remind me of home.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my garden I have a rose bush that I will cut for blooms in the house. We do not have any other flowers in the yard at this time. I would like a snow ball plant to have cuttings for the house.

Reaction score
I love cut Roses, Stargazers, Stock, Caspia, Carnations, Status, Bells of Ireland, Irises, and Dahlias. I love all flowers, really. I used to be a florist and came in contact with many, and loved them all.

Reaction score
I love daffodils and tulips in a vase. They come in such a variety of colors and blossom styles. Plus I love the smell of tulips.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really like cala lilies, but don't grow them. I think this will be a great flower to grow next season. I also read that instead of spraying the lawn with mosquito spay, plant the mosquito repellent plants such as Citronella grass, Catmint, Rosemary, Basil, Lavender, and Sented Geraniums. This is what I am looking for. I don't like bees but love them in my garden, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Evelynmcgregor - I love the smell of tulips too, because it's very delicate and sweet. Breathing it puts me in a good mood. Tulips always make me think about my boyfriend, because he gives me them often:love:

Reaction score
I just love seeing a vase sitting on the center of my table fill with roses or ginger lilly...it brings a certain life to my space...they not only beautify my home but also leave it smelling real great..i just love the aroma of these flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never smelled ginger lillies, but I love roses and I completely agree that a vase full of them makes a wonderful home decoration. Roses are the most beautiful flowers in the whole world:D

Ask a Question