Cut flowers vs plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which do you prefer to receive as a gift? I personally prefer getting a live plan compared to cut flowers. Plants last much longer.
My favorite types of plants to receive are bamboo plants. I think they are very easy to care for and many any room brighten up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Anyone who knows me well enough to give a gift knows to give either a live potted plant, or a gift certificate to a nursery where I can select my own plant.
We have flower gardens, and I often cut flowers to have bouquets in our house, but I really don't like getting cut flowers as a gift.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like live plants, not cut flowers! I love taking pictures of flowers in their natural form and enjoy looking at them. I have problem with cutting down trees for Christmas and decorate them inside. I just feel bad for them to live in such an unnatural environment :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like them both. Plants are my favorite thing in the whole world, but it doesn't change the fact that receiving a bouquet of white roses or tulips from my boyfriend always makes me happy:)

Ask a Question