Curry leaf plant seems to be in distress

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,

I’m new to this forum and gardening in general. We have a curry leaf plant in our yard which seems to be under distress. The leaves seem dry and light coloured and the branches are bending downwards (pic attached).

It’s in full sun, watered regularly and I even added a slow release organic fertiliser recently. The other plants around it (lemon tree, hibiscus, mandarin, camellia, gardenia, etc.) seem to be thriving but not this one. Any help in understanding the cause would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• DB55A8ED-F2F6-477A-B5F3-26907F21C1AA.jpeg
    DB55A8ED-F2F6-477A-B5F3-26907F21C1AA.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 78
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you for your response Logan. I planted it about a month or two ago. It’s being watered daily and amply. I don’t use recycled water. Could tap water cause a problem? Thanks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Am not familiar with the plant but from the looks of it I agree with Logan. I had the same difficulty with some bushes last year. If it was me (because of previous experience) I would dig it up and look at the roots to see if the root ball is moist and whether it has been broken up some. It might need to have the roots teased out of nursery soil so that they are expanding into garden soil. Just a thought.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Jewell and make sure that it's planted at the same level of the soil in pot to the same level of the planting hole, don't plant it deeper or it could rot the stem.

Ask a Question