Cucumbers Last 2 Years

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with what has happened to my cucumber plants the last two years? They start off great and then this happens in late July/early August.

Attachments

• 20230817_180151.jpg
    20230817_180151.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I spray copper to prevent that. If you keep up with the spray they will survive until frost. Not sure how long if no frost. You will need to do it every year on a schedule. Copper works best for cucumbers.

You can try a more disease resistant variery. I tried plenty and they all do about the same nothing noticeable way better.

MOD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I spray copper to prevent that. If you keep up with the spray they will survive until frost. Not sure how long if no frost. You will need to do it every year on a schedule. Copper works best for cucumbers.

You can try a more disease resistant variery. I tried plenty and they all do about the same nothing noticeable way better.

MOD
Thank you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another thing to do is to remove all the bad foliage. Even if most is gone, if you can save a few clean leaves at the tips or any clean suckers then spray. It will most likely come back strong. I would suggest give it a small shot of synthetic fertilizer to get it going a bit faster due to the less foilage.

As time goes on keep removing the bad foliage. The copper helps prevent it not cure it.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks like poor nutrition or a ph imbalance (lots of times it is both and intermingled), or possibly mosiac virus.

What soil are they growing in?
Do you use city or well water to water it?
Did you fertilize it with anything?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It is definelty disease related. Here is a pic of my cucumbers last year. Bottom leaves not as bad as yours yet, since I spray. Most likely I removed those leaves after the pic.

MOD

Attachments

• 20230720_195707.jpg
    20230720_195707.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is definelty disease related. Here is a pic of my cucumbers last year. Bottom leaves not as bad as yours yet, since I spray. Most likely I removed those leaves after the pic.

MOD
Yours looks like fusarium wilt or verticillium wilt. See the V shaped spots. The OPs photo does not show that. OP may have a disease but yours is different.

You can cut the stem off real close to the ground and look for brown in the veins for those wilt diseases.

Ask a Question