Can i grow veg such as carrots, cucumbers and green peas, indoors, in such a way that I can harvest about one of each every five days?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can i grow veg such as carrots, cucumbers and green peas, indoors, in such a way that I can harvest about one of each every five days? I've read that you can plant carrots on a staggered schedule, but cucumbers and peas - well, I think it's probably not possible but I thought I'd ask. I believe I can freeze a crop of peas but not cucumbers. Any advice welcome. Thanks all!

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Cucumbers are a warm/hot weather crop vs carrots and peas which are both cool weather crops. Indoors it will be difficult to cater to the climate needs of all three simultaneously.

I stagger plant carrots all fall here in my climate and harvest pretty much continuously through late spring. They do very well in appropriately deep containers. Peas (sweet) could be done the same way. I just don't see having carrots/peas and cucumbers at the same time because of their significantly different climate growing conditions. Sweet peas will fade above 65 deg F and cucumbers require above 65 deg. F .

It would be challenging at best indoors IMO.

Ask a Question