Creative plant terrarium ideas

Reaction score
Lots of beautiful and creative ideas, thanks to everyone who shared them with us. I used to have terrariums but I used a small fish tank. When I move into my new place I plan on using some of the ideas that I saw here.

Reaction score
Glad to hear we sparked your creativity here, firelily! If you indeed create a terrarium in the future, please take a picture and post it here. It's always nice to get new ideas :)

Reaction score
I like all of the designs presented, I would not have thought of putting an african violet in a terrarium. I have a violet that I think will be going into a terrarium soon.

That's awesome, Pat! Actually I didn't think it was possible to do that either, because as you know African violets are really hard to take care of! I'd never use an African violet for a terrarium, if I had to pick I'd work with moss or a succulent, because those would do much better in a terrarium than an african violet, but a terrarium with an African violet would definitely look unique and beautiful :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea Claudine - I guess I might have to crack open a couple of bottles of wine. It might take the edge off while I impatiently wait for spring to arrive.

Ask a Question