Creative plant terrarium ideas

Reaction score
I found some really great ideas for terrariums! I think this will be a hit with people who love being creative and love decoration in general :LOL: I know my future mother in law would love to try some of those ideas! I would love doing the same as well. Here are some pictures:

original-creative-glass-bow-indoor-plants-terrarium-idea.jpg

beautiful-stylish-ellegant-indoor-plants-decoration.jpg

beautiful-indoor-miniature-plants-creative-idea.jpg

beautiful-everlasting-plant-terrarium-idea.jpg

jar-plant-terrarium-lovely-creative-idea.jpg

traditional-style-artistic-idea-plant-terarium.jpg

lovely-glass-bow-sea-inspired-indoor-plants-decoration.jpg

lovely-plant-design-solution.jpg

innovative-glass-bow-creative-solution.jpg

Don't hesitate to add more pictures :) I will definitely need more ideas, because I really think my future mother in law would love something like this for Christmas! I would impress her if I give her something like this :notworthy::ROFLMAO::love::LOL:

Reaction score
Those are really pretty. I like the one with the aqua colored sand and the seashells. These look like miniature worlds in a glass bottle. I almost expect to see elves or fairies walking around inside them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately, none of these pictures show up for me:( I don't know what happened! I tried to view this thread in two different browsers. I wish I could see them, because I love plant terrariums! Trellum, I'm sure that your mother in law will be delighted to receive a creative gift like this:)

Reaction score
Those are really pretty. I like the one with the aqua colored sand and the seashells. These look like miniature worlds in a glass bottle. I almost expect to see elves or fairies walking around inside them.

Yeah, that is one of my favorite ones too! They are not so hard to create if you have access to the right materials :) They also make a great gift for people that are hard to gift, like my mother in law who seem to have it all. Great if you are into creative stuff as well :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Really? I'm so sorry to hear that, Claudine :( I can see them over here, no idea why they are not showing! You can see them over here: http://furniture.trendzona.com/decoration-2/indoor-plants-terrarium-ideas.html Some of them are so pretty! They look like a piece of art, isn't it? :love:
Wow, some of these terrariums are really amazing! My favorite is the pear shaped one, it looks so pretty! Thank you for this link, now I can see all these pictures:)

You can also use wine glasses as planters, I really like this idea:

2+terrariums.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, some of these terrariums are really amazing! My favorite is the pear shaped one, it looks so pretty! Thank you for this link, now I can see all these pictures:)

You can also use wine glasses as planters, I really like this idea:

2+terrariums.jpg

Those two are so beautiful :) !!!!! I think using wine glasses as terrarium containers is a wonderful idea :love: Way cheaper than buying special or more fancy glass containers for your terrariums, that is for sure! Plus those look really beautiful :) Here is another nice idea:

kiwi-2-760.jpg

This is perfect for people who love succulents ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh I like the look of that one! Looks very fiddly to set up though, but worth the effort :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I agree with Becky, this terrarium is gorgeous! I would worry about one thing though, it must be difficult to water thee succulents.

This is another interesting idea, a light bulb used as a terrarium:

AB461849.jpg

Reaction score
These are really neat. I am thinking that I could probably pick up some tacky garage sale or thrift store glassware and actually make something interesting. Were it not pouring rain, I would be heading down to the beach to collect shells.

Great Ideas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lostvalleyguy, you can also use regular glass bottles, I'm sure that everyone has plenty of them at home. Look how pretty it may be:):

recycled-bottle-terrarium.JPG

Reaction score
These are really neat. I am thinking that I could probably pick up some tacky garage sale or thrift store glassware and actually make something interesting. Were it not pouring rain, I would be heading down to the beach to collect shells.

Great Ideas!

Thank you :D I'm glad my thread actually inspired you! Going to thrift shops sounds like a great idea, I'm sure you can actually find some fine glassware over there! I know finding ome nice glassware to work with for cheap isn't easy, at least not where I live, but when I was in Holland I saw glassware for cheap at ''Action''. I'll definitely get all my things from there if I move there next year!

Reaction score
I agree with Becky, this terrarium is gorgeous! I would worry about one thing though, it must be difficult to water thee succulents.

This is another interesting idea, a light bulb used as a terrarium:

AB461849.jpg

That''s a beautiful idea! very creative terrarium, Claudine! I love the shape of this light bulb, perfect for mini terrarium ;) Here is a similar one:

side-terrarium.jpg

Reaction score
Ooh I like the look of that one! Looks very fiddly to set up though, but worth the effort :)

Yeah! I thought so as well, not exactly the easiest set up there, but I think that makes it look more interesting and appealing in the eyes of whoever you decide to give this amazing terrarium to (y):)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like all of the designs presented, I would not have thought of putting an african violet in a terrarium. I have a violet that I think will be going into a terrarium soon.

Ask a Question