Crassula Falcata not maintaining lower leaves

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone. I have had a crassula falcata for a couple of years and it has always grown well producing new healthy leaves. However the lower leaves seem to dry out from the tips and then shrivel and fall off which has left 2-3 inches of stem sticking out of the soil before the healthy leaves.

When I see pictures of it on the internet the plants always seem to have leaves starting from right at soil level. What can I do to improve the appearance of my plant?

Am I not watering it enough? Or do I need to plant it in a bigger pot?

Note: the three or four leaves that it maintains at a time always look very healthy.
Note

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

At some point, the older, lower leaves on Propeller Plant (Crassula falcata) will begin to dry up and fall off. The plant can still grow like this with long, sprawling stems. However, you can also take cuttings and root new plants, so you will always have younger 'fresh' plants with leaves to the base.

Ask a Question