cosmos planted but dying

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello I am new here I love cosmos. this is the second attempt to transplant a healthy looking single plant in a pot. both times they declined, leaves turned brown and soon died. can someone fill me in on the proper way to plant cosmos??? thank you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you for your response.... didn't help tho I still don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello I am new here I love cosmos. this is the second attempt to transplant a healthy looking single plant in a pot. both times they declined, leaves turned brown and soon died. can someone fill me in on the proper way to plant cosmos??? thank you
Hello @zigstarre and welcome to the forum. Cosmos are annual flowers, and the best way to grow them is to sow the seeds in the springtime in a prepared patch of ground. They are quite easy from seed, and prefer to be in the sun. They are happy in just about any soil, even if it`s poor. Sow the seed thinly and try to put them in lines so you can work out where they are as they germinate, it makes weeding a lot easier :)

Ask a Question