Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just some of my passing thoughts.....

How many people die every day, of anything, in a normal year?
How can poorer people do "social distancing" when they live in bigger groups and in less square footage ?
Why is Federal financial help for health care providers dependent on the number of Covid deaths reported for that institution?
Why are we comparing the US and Italy and South Korea? BIG difference in area and population!

This whole thing gives me a very uncomfortable feeling, like there's a lot going on that is above my pay grade.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
La Garden has more fake news for us :--
¨Just an (sic) fyi it is not the states with the problem it is New York City.¨

Coronavirus: Trump has declared major disaster in all 50 states.

¨Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.¨

Any more wit and wisdom for us La Garden?
idiot Funny you made the fool comment no one here has any doubt you are.

Just b/c 50 state is called dose not change the fact it is mostly NYC.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Your semi-literate response confirms my point.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You have been the butt of the joke for the longest, and you just can not seem to get enough.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ladies and Gentlemen. Please consider the following before posting :)

"Avoid personal attacks. This is probably the most subjective of guidelines; however, approach it like this: ATTACK THE MESSAGE, NOT THE MESSENGER.
Many topics are emotionally charged. This passion for what one believes in should remain in the discourse. However, please refrain from attacking another user in a personal way. Personal attacks do not contribute to a debate. While you may attack a user's ideas, views, political affiliation, political party, political candidate, government, etc... you must not attack the poster personally. Those who engage in this may get a private warning, a public warning, or even have their posting deleted. Continued disregard towards this guideline may result in being banned from this board."

Reaction score
Country
Spain
PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. … We think we have it very well under control. …
We pretty much shut it down, coming in from China. … You know, in April, supposedly it dies, with the hotter weather. … When it gets warm, historically, that has been able to kill the virus. … The people are getting better. They’re all getting better. … And the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero. … It’s going to disappear one day. It’s like a miracle. It will disappear. … And you’ll be fine. …
Now, they’re going to have vaccines, I think, relatively soon. … Not only the vaccines, but the therapies. Therapies is sort of another word for cure. … We’re talking about very small numbers in the United States. … Our numbers are lower than just about anybody. … It’s really working out, and a lot of good things are going to happen. … And we are responding with great speed and professionalism. … It’s going to go away. … Yeah, no, I don’t take responsibility at all. … We’re going to all be great. We’re going to be so good. …
This came up. It — we came up so suddenly. … This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. All you had to do was look at other countries. …
The coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. This is their new hoax. We have 15 people in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early — we went early. We could have had a lot more than that. We’re doing great. Our country is doing so great.
Dump him.
Make America great.
For once.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Trump has asserted that his power is ¨Total.¨
So what does America do when the president defies the Constitution?
Time for the ¨well regulated Militia¨ perhaps ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Trump has asserted that his power is ¨Total.¨
So what does America do when the president defies the Constitution?
Time for the ¨well regulated Militia¨ perhaps ?
This is nothing new here in the U.S. Long history of striking that balance between States' Rights and Federal supremacy -- it can be a difficult balance to strike at times.

We'll get thru it, we always do. Trump just has a superiority complex, which gets under my skin and many others; under normal circumstances he'd lose this battle, but these are far from normal circumstances.

Having said that, the media has been reporting badly here, mostly because of their hatred of Trump -- be careful of what you believe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
This is nothing new here in the U.S. Long history of striking that balance between States' Rights and Federal supremacy -- it can be a difficult balance to strike at times.

We'll get thru it, we always do. Trump just has a superiority complex, which gets under my skin and many others; under normal circumstances he'd lose this battle, but these are far from normal circumstances.

Having said that, the media has been reporting badly here, mostly because of their hatred of Trump -- be careful of what you believe.
I believe my own eyes, I sit through the press briefings and watch tRump grow more unhinged by the day. Superiority complex rises to sociopathic narcissism at this point, very unstable and obviously on drugs. He is the big threat now, more so than covid perhaps. If you watch him yourself, you see that he can barely hide his crazy streak and is getting worse every day.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I´m indebted, a measured response to an admittedly provocative question, thank you roadrunner. I confess I´ll never understand American politics, but having made the relatively short hop from Yorkshire to Andalucia and found a very different culture, I can see that a few thousand miles west will make even more of a difference. My view of the American presidency is that the tallest candidate usually wins, and since he´s just a frontman it really matters little who fills the role. I´m sure you´ll have a more nuanced view, but I´m more interested in the administration since it has vowed to take over the world.
That´s not a recipe for popularity.

You make an interesting point about what to believe, if I may I would develop it further.
Believing is bad. (I really believe that.)
One of the benefits of a successful education is that one can entertain ideas without investing belief in them.
We can then turn them over with a critical eye.
Should we follow the usual trend we will identify with our ideas, and if they are challenged, or even questioned, we will see this as a personal attack, and muster our troops.
If we are told from the cradle that our country is the greatest and can do no wrong, we will accept this as fundamental, and reject any data to the contrary. This has been beautifully demonstrated on this thread.
So I would say read everything on a global basis, -- but believe nothing.

I agree completely with Fractal Farms point that Trump is a sociopath, the British Home Secretary, Priti Patel is of similar vein -- when a rogue state wants to stir the pot, a sociopath is just what you need. Surely it´s time to see beyond the ¨Divide and Rule ¨nonsense of party politics and find a grown-up system of government ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Girl. I want you out of here. YOU have no right to say the comments about my President Donald Trump. He is doing an awesome job. Go away. Wonder how your country is doing? I do not like you here.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You seem to be very confused Esther, perhaps I can help.
If you would be kind enough to scroll up to Zigs´ helpful interjection above, you will see that the personal attack you have just made is against the rules.
Reading further you will learn that I have every right to describe your president in any manner I choose, within the bounds of decency.
Your problem is not my freedom of speech, your problem is that your president is seen across the world as a boorish moron, and becoming an ever increasing embarrassment to you and the rest of his cult.
If you wish to continue posting here I would recommend that you remember the rules, and if my posts upset you it is surely not beyond your capabilities to forbear from reading them?
Since I was not in the least offended by your post I will refrain from pressing the report button on this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question