Competition Time!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We're having a competition for a £30 Amazon voucher (that's approx. $45 or €42) - it's open to all showcase entries made before the end of April 2015. If you're based in the US or Europe, I'll get an Amazon voucher in your local currency.

It's really simple to enter - all you need to do is post a little bit about your garden in the showcase with some pics. Your showcase will be linked to your profile so that other members can see your hard work, it's a really great way of showing off garden :).

You can create a showcase entry on this page:
https://www.gardening-forums.com/showcase/

Just click the orange "create entry" button in the top-right corner.

The pics you upload to the showcase will be displayed in a gallery at the bottom of the showcase page. You can make additional showcase entries if you have more than one garden. An automatic discussion thread is attached to each showcase entry so that others can comment on your garden.

Each showcase entry counts as one entry into the competition. You'll also need at least 10 posts on the forum this month (April 2015) so that we can make sure that the competition is open to active members (please don't make one word filler posts!). All existing showcases are already entered. The competition is open to all members other than myself and ends on 1st May 2015, and I'll draw a random winner as soon as possible after this date and arrange the Amazon voucher.

Good luck to all entrants! Any questions, just ask in this thread :).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Any questions, just ask in this thread :).
I'm considering entering a showcase about my allotments, and the plants I'm growing there.
I've already posted a couple of pics of what my new one was like when I got it, (a right shambles). Will it be permissible for me to use them again, as a means of showing progress?

If I was lucky enough to win, would it be possible to convert the prize to this?

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-unwrapped/gardeners/plant-an-allotment-ou9020ml

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sure the year I'm tearing my whole yard up, Ian wants to have a competition! :(
Next year tho, watch out.....:whistle:

You can still post a showcase of the work in progress if you want :). It'll still be interesting to see how things change over the next year.

I'm considering entering a showcase about my allotments, and the plants I'm growing there.
I've already posted a couple of pics of what my new one was like when I got it, (a right shambles). Will it be permissible for me to use them again, as a means of showing progress?

Yes, that would be great :). The showcase has only recently been added, so if you've already posted something on the forums it's fine to add it to the showcase - as it'll allow people to comment on it more easily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh that is SO not fair. I'm going to go pout now. We can't do a garden yet because of the weather here. It snowed yesterday as a matter of fact. We may calendar wise be out of winter, but not weather wise. It will be another month or so before we can do anything.... Oh well, maybe next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hmmm... I hope I can get organized in time. I love the way @wiseowl created the outdoor "rooms." I'm trying to sort out what will go in what area of the yard. It's mostly containers, but there's an edibles section, I've acquired a lot of butterfly and hummingbird plants, some flowers suitable for cutting... Everything is being completely redone.

Just got more soil and planters - if it ever stops raining...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I haven't started planting because it is still freezing overnight. The other day we had two days of 60 mph winds through here also. The weather has been pretty rough and I don't want to risk losing seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
BUMP! Don't forget to get your entries in before the end of the month! :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Alas, I'm not going to make it. I did a lot of transplanting yesterday, but most of the plants are still randomly spewed about. I have the edible section coming along, and I've started working on the butterfly and hummingbird stuff. I really need to build a potter's bench!

Good luck to everyone!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done to everyone that has entered the competition, I'll do the draw tomorrow (time permitting!). Good luck :D.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've given the showcase entries sequential numbers (oldest first) in Excel and drawn a winner using Random.org to choose the corresponding number...

Competition Winner.png

...and the winner is #2, @JBtheExplorer! Well done, I'll PM you now about this!

We'll have some more competitions in the coming months, so if you didn't win this time then there will be more chances :).

Ask a Question