Community Gardening

Reaction score
Who does community gardening? I have a friend who does and she takes her little son every day to care for their various garden goodies. What a great thing!

Reaction score
I haven't tried community gardening in a group, but I do include my family in all of my gardening activities. :) We pick out which flowers and plants should be planted where, and they help me gather all of the supplies and materials needed in order to make it happen. My husband and father-in-law helped a lot with choose which flowers would be great in the garden, and it meant so much to me because their choices were so sentimentally-based. When my son is here, I am sure I'll take him in the garden with me when he is old enough to help out and appreciate the ambiance of gardening. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Community gardening sounds like a lovely idea, but, to be honest, I need my alone time every day and usually, I spend it taking care of my miniature roses. I just find it more relaxing when I don't have any company. I'm such a loner:p

Reaction score
We don't have any community gardens in the area where I live.
I just take care of my own plants. I envy other communities that have those fruit trees where everyone can help themselves.

Reaction score
I know we have a community garden in town but I have not been there before:(

Reaction score
My daughter is involved with a schoolyard garden and is working on starting a charitable community garden at our church to support the food pantry. Personally, I like gardening in relative solitude but she really likes the idea of gardening with others and with growing food that will give people who rely on the food pantry at least some access to fresh food rather than just canned/boxed everything.

Reaction score
My daughter is involved with a schoolyard garden and is working on starting a charitable community garden at our church to support the food pantry. Personally, I like gardening in relative solitude but she really likes the idea of gardening with others and with growing food that will give people who rely on the food pantry at least some access to fresh food rather than just canned/boxed everything.

That is a wonderful project. Even people with low incomes should have access to fresh fruit and vegetables. God bless her for doing such a great project that will touch many lives.

Ask a Question