Coconut Tree being considered as the "Tree of Life"

Reaction score
For those living in a tropical country a coconut tree is easy to grow and this kind of tree needs not too much care and attention. But despite that it bear fruits which are very useful for some purposes in our life. For cooking and for health and for beauty care we can create some by products from its fruits.

Can you give examples of some of the by products we can get from the fruits or from the tree itself of this coconut tree which is called the "Tree of Life"?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I didn't know that coconut tree is called "tree of life". It's a nice name. I wish I could grow coconuts in my climate. It would be great!
As for your question, my favorite product that we can get from the fruits is coconut oil. I often use it on my hair as a conditioner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
We use coconut oil all the time for cooking and for toothpaste. I've found that any recipe that calls for random oil or butter can be interchanged with coconut oil. In fact, I have a roll recipe we use several times a week (makes great sandwich buns!) that calls for 1/2 cup of butter. Instead of all that butter, I cut it in half, then use 2 TBS of coconut oil and 2 TBS of olive oil. Works exactly the same, but I believe the health benefits to be just a smidge more than it would be without the coconut.

I wish we had the climate for coconut as it's not exactly a staple around here. I'd use it more if I could!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use coconut oil for oil-pulling as it helps strengthen my teeth and kill bacteria! Dried coconut flesh uses baking and the juice is amazing to drink. I love coconut and I can eat it, but allergic to coconut oil if I consume too much of it.

Reaction score
I had no idea that the coconut tree was considered the tree of life. That's a wonderful name for it. I'd love to grow a coconut tree, but sadly I don't think it would work out here. You can use coconut for so many things. I use coconut oil for my hair, face, makeup remover, wounds, etc. I also love to eat coconut. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
In grade school here, pupils are taught about the coconut tree. Yes, we call it the tree of life and children as asked to draw a coconut tree to emphasize the benefits - flesh of the fruit is a good dessert, the water is curative of kidney stones, the log is made into lumber, the fronds are woven into basket, the sticks used in broom are from the fronds as well. There are more uses of the coconut like the beverage called tuba.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I had the ability to grow any tree it would be a coconut tree. Unfortunately I live in an area where they aren’t found. I haven’t been to an area where they grow but soon hope to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I also wish that I could grow a coconut tree. I did not know that the coconut tree was considered "the tree of life," but it makes perfect sense. There are so many health benefits from coconut. Coconut water is a staple in our home. We always keep it on hand, in case someone gets the flu. Coconut is loaded with electrolytes, and so much better for you than Gatorade.

Reaction score
I didn't know that coconut tree is called "tree of life". It's a nice name. I wish I could grow coconuts in my climate. It would be great!
As for your question, my favorite product that we can get from the fruits is coconut oil. I often use it on my hair as a conditioner.

Yes you are right coconut oil do wonders for our hair making it healthy and shiny.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not know the coconut tree is the "tree of life", wish I could grow one in my area. I would be eating coconut all the time.

I love to eat coconut but have never used it to cook with.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Drinking the coconut water straight from the shell is better than store bought in a container anytime. I'm joining in with everybody who would love to have climate that coconut trees would grow in. It's very refreshing and I know it's highly recommended by doctors as natural home remedy for re-hydration and lowering blood pressure. It's also thought to be good in the promotion of weight loss.

Reaction score
Drinking the coconut water straight from the shell is better than store bought in a container anytime. I'm joining in with everybody who would love to have climate that coconut trees would grow in. It's very refreshing and I know it's highly recommended by doctors as natural home remedy for re-hydration and lowering blood pressure. It's also thought to be good in the promotion of weight loss.

You are absolutely right that it is best to drink coconut water right after you had just cut off the shell of the fruit rather than those that being sold in cans or bottles that is processed already. Natural coconut water really taste better.

Reaction score
I also wish that I could grow a coconut tree. I did not know that the coconut tree was considered "the tree of life," but it makes perfect sense. There are so many health benefits from coconut. Coconut water is a staple in our home. We always keep it on hand, in case someone gets the flu. Coconut is loaded with electrolytes, and so much better for you than Gatorade.

Yes it is true that coconut water had natural electrolytes and it is better and safe to drink than any energy drinks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would love to be able to get fresh coconuts where I live. I have never had coconut water right out of the shell. I bet it tastes so much better than store bought coconut water. Hopefully, I can go somewhere soon where I can get a fresh coconut right off the tree!

Ask a Question