Is there more to coconut water?

Reaction score
The main reason for me drinking coconut water it's because it's very tasty and refreshing and nothing cools me down better on a hot day...however i was doing a research on fruits and foods that help to regulate high blood pressure and to my surprise coconut water was listed...due to the high quantity of potassium found in coconut water it is an excellent source for regulating and controlling blood pressure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's a nice surprise:) I like coconut water. It's so tasty and refreshing. I didn't know that it's rich in potassium. I love healthy foods and drinks!
Does this mean that potatoes help control blood pressure too? As far as I know, they contain a lot of potassium.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not into coconut water which is surprising because I do like coconuts. I tried it a couple of times and did not like the flavor of it. I am not a big fan of coconut milk either.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, potassium is good to help hypertension. I have had it off and on all my adult life. I eat lots of bananas for this reason. I was unaware coconut water was high in potassium. It is not my favorite drink, but it is okay. If a person likes the taste, than all the better with the added health benefits, but I don't see it becoming the "go-to" drink any time soon.

Reaction score
The main reason for me drinking coconut water it's because it's very tasty and refreshing and nothing cools me down better on a hot day...however i was doing a research on fruits and foods that help to regulate high blood pressure and to my surprise coconut water was listed...due to the high quantity of potassium found in coconut water it is an excellent source for regulating and controlling blood pressure.
Coconut water is also a known laxative. So, just beware of that as well. In case you start drinking a lot of it you should know what to expect.

Reaction score
I love coconut water. My favorite (though too pricy for everyday) is to get a young coconut and get the water from it. Pure ambrosia!

It's amazing when you research nutrition. You really are what you eat and it has a huge effect on your health.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I am not into coconut water which is surprising because I do like coconuts. I tried it a couple of times and did not like the flavor of it. I am not a big fan of coconut milk either.
Haha, I'm just the opposite;) I absolutely hate coconuts, I never eat them, but I love both coconut water and milk. They're such sweet and healthy beverages.

Reaction score
I love coconut water. My favorite (though too pricy for everyday) is to get a young coconut and get the water from it. Pure ambrosia!

It's amazing when you research nutrition. You really are what you eat and it has a huge effect on your health.[/QUO

It's just a pity...but i've realize that the healthier foods are usually more expensive...fortunately though i don't usually purchase coconut water as i have lots of coconut trees...so i just pick the coconuts refrigerate the juice.

Reaction score
Yes, potassium is good to help hypertension. I have had it off and on all my adult life. I eat lots of bananas for this reason. I was unaware coconut water was high in potassium. It is not my favorite drink, but it is okay. If a person likes the taste, than all the better with the added health benefits, but I don't see it becoming the "go-to" drink any time soon.
Well i think i need to be consuming more bananas...i've just not too big a fan of bananas,i'll have one sliced in my oatmeal or blended in a shake but other than that i don't really eat it...well i think i don't like when it's too ripe, i prefer when it's hard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Well i think i need to be consuming more bananas...i've just not too big a fan of bananas,i'll have one sliced in my oatmeal or blended in a shake but other than that i don't really eat it...well i think i don't like when it's too ripe, i prefer when it's hard.
I don't like bananas either. They're too sweet and soft:eek:
But I have a great news, tomatoes are very high in potassium as well:D They're my favorite fruits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I don't know too much about coconut water, but I've heard that it has health benefits. What I've done a fair amount of reading about is coconut oil, which is supposed to have healing properties. Some say that it can help people suffering from Alzheimer's. It's also supposed to be the safest oil to use for cooking.

It seems that the humble coconut has a lot to recommend it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gina145, I completely agree, coconut oil is great. It smells so good! I often use it on my hair instead of a conditioner. Many people use it on their skin, but I haven't tried it yet. I prefer lighter moisturisers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Gina145, I completely agree, coconut oil is great. It smells so good! I often use it on my hair instead of a conditioner. Many people use it on their skin, but I haven't tried it yet. I prefer lighter moisturisers.

I haven't tried it on my hair or skin, though perhaps I should. We have started cooking with coconut oil though. I've read that it's the only oil that doesn't get damaged by the application of heat. Virgin olive oil is fine for salads, but as soon as you cook with it, it isn't virgin any more and all the health benefits are said to be gone.

Reaction score
I don't cook with coconut oil is it's rather expensive where i live however i know it has lots of medicinal benefits such as it boost ones immune system,maintenance of cholesterol level,weight loss,skin care and hair care and i know there are more benefits to it. I've always say aloe vera is my miracle plant but i've being wondering lately if it should be coconut.

Ask a Question