Is there more to coconut water?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I've heard good things about aloe vera too, but I haven't done too much research on it. I think there are a few miracle plants out there, but the medical profession don't want us to know about them because, if they prevented people from getting sick, it would cost the doctors a lot of business.

I agree that coconut oil is expensive, but not as expensive as a doctor's bills. If it really does what people claim, it's worth paying a little extra.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't tried it on my hair or skin, though perhaps I should. We have started cooking with coconut oil though. I've read that it's the only oil that doesn't get damaged by the application of heat. Virgin olive oil is fine for salads, but as soon as you cook with it, it isn't virgin any more and all the health benefits are said to be gone.
I'm obsessed with eating healthy, so I think I'll start cooking with coconut oil too. Does it affect the taste of food?
As for using it on the skin, I don't know if it's a good idea. It may clog pores:( Same goes for argan oil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm obsessed with eating healthy, so I think I'll start cooking with coconut oil too. Does it affect the taste of food?
As for using it on the skin, I don't know if it's a good idea. It may clog pores:( Same goes for argan oil.

I don't think that coconut oil tastes bad, but tastes differ, so the only way you'll know how you feel is by trying it. I hope you like it.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do try to eat healthy and will look into trying coconut water. I like coconuts so I will have to try the water.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The main reason for me drinking coconut water it's because it's very tasty and refreshing and nothing cools me down better on a hot day...however i was doing a research on fruits and foods that help to regulate high blood pressure and to my surprise coconut water was listed...due to the high quantity of potassium found in coconut water it is an excellent source for regulating and controlling blood pressure.
The main reason for me drinking coconut water it's because it's very tasty and refreshing and nothing cools me down better on a hot day...however i was doing a research on fruits and foods that help to regulate high blood pressure and to my surprise coconut water was listed...due to the high quantity of potassium found in coconut water it is an excellent source for regulating and controlling blood pressure.
I'm a huge fan of coconut water! :) It's one of my refreshing drink especially during summer. When Coconut water is available, it's always a big hit in my family everytime i served it after eating our lunch. I know people who drink coconut water first thing in the morning for health reasons.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow, isn't that a good news? Aside from its delicious taste, it is also beneficial in terms of nutrition.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I do try to eat healthy and will look into trying coconut water. I like coconuts so I will have to try the water.
I do hope you'd like it. I can't think of any good drink as refreshing, tasty and at the same time healthy as coconut water.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I do hope you'd like it. I can't think of any good drink as refreshing, tasty and at the same time healthy as coconut water.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I haven't tried it on my hair or skin, though perhaps I should. We have started cooking with coconut oil though. I've read that it's the only oil that doesn't get damaged by the application of heat. Virgin olive oil is fine for salads, but as soon as you cook with it, it isn't virgin any more and all the health benefits are said to be gone.
I do hope to hear from you after trying it on your hair or skin. Doesn't coconut oil alter the composition of the food being cooked or is it the same with the commercialized ones?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I do hope to hear from you after trying it on your hair or skin. Doesn't coconut oil alter the composition of the food being cooked or is it the same with the commercialized ones?

Cooking with coconut oil seems to work fine for most things. However I tried frying an egg in coconut oil a few days ago and it ended up so full of air bubbles that it looked disgusting. It was still edible but it didn't taste as good as eggs fried in butter.

Ask a Question