Clocks go forward tonight folks.....in the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Beverly ...Blige! 16 I hadn`t counted, you lot must be feeling swamped,(some of us probably DO dribble) and I hope you can all cope with it.
I cannot imagine living next door to a volcano...an active one at that :eek: doesn`t it scare the living daylights out of you?

Lucky is the dog at the window in another thread, she is actually large enough to make a medium sized pie, and I shall remind her that if she plays up I may change her name to .....wait for it.......Unlucky, boom boom. In the meantime a hind leg of a Crow will have to suffice, served with chips. It`s a bit too late for the little fellow in my avatar pic, I lost him on the 1st day of this month. Henry was rescued from a gypsy camp by the rescue I worked with, full of infection. he was on antibiotics for 4 months, and had severe liver problems.. nevertheless he had a further six years of happy mollycoddling with me and is now at peace.

Your garden must look totally different to these English ones.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think those of us from GW need to be aware of the differences between the 2 forums. I think we have felt welcomed here and hope to show we can add something good here.
All tips, suggestions and advice welcome folks to help us blend in :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I'm not from GW but i would like to say something here. I don't want you all shaking in your boots, i want you to feel comfortable because i might need you to answer a question for me :LOL:. Assimilation just takes a little time of getting to know people as individuals and also getting the feel of the site culture and how things work. My personal requirements are that people be polite and respectful of the other members here, including Admin Becky, Ian, & zigs, because they are the absolute best, and i can't speak for everyone, but i love them. There is never a need for nasty. That is all it takes for me to be accepting and welcoming, basic good manners go a long way.:) So relax everyone and enjoy this truly wonderful site and try not to be crabby:p oh and one more thing, you don't need to "blend", only be nice to each other, i respect individuality as long as it is polite.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I like your sense of humor @Tetters:D

I'm really sorry about the loss of your dog. It is so hard to loose a pet.

Our volcano is magnificent, no one who lives here fears it including myself. It is at elevation 3850 m (12,630 ft). I am on the south west side of the mountain at 545 m (1,800 ft) so it has to cover quite a distance before it burns my toes or sends a lava bomb through my roof. Also, the ash generally moves to the northeast so we don't have much ash fall here. I'll post some photos on the General Chat site when i get some time. I have so much work at this time in the garden. It is perfect weather for germinating seeds, hot and humid.

The short answer about the difference between my garden and UK gardens is that my garden is a wild, unruly mess and UK gardens are generally brilliantly planned and beautifully well kept and tidy. You can see a small portion of my garden on the april photo contest thread. You don't have to vote for it though. My garden is for pollinators so i have mostly nectar/pollen plants and host plants. Have you posted photos of your garden somewhere here yet so i can take a look?:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to see the photos Beverly as well as of plants you can grow that we here can't :):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The more the merrier! We welcome the new members, and I'm glad you like it here :)

As @Beverly has already said, we are a friendly bunch. There are no strict rules as such, but we like to treat each other with kindness and respect so I'm sure you will all fit in well here (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Definitely the more the merrier! I love how friendly and international this forum is.

Back to the original topic. Boo hiss! There is a bill in my state to eliminate daylight savings time and I'm all for that. (y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Beth, but I love the extra hour we get here now esp as its a beautifully sunny day.:)
Not so good when clocks go back though :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I suppose it depends on whether one is a night person or a morning person! I'm usually up very early and enjoy mornings. So from my perspective, I'm not getting an extra hour. I'm losing one. :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said earlier, BST has messed me right up :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC00023.JPG
DSC00027.JPG
DSC00027.JPG
DSC00015.JPG
DSC00015.JPG DSC00027.JPG DSC00023.JPG DSC00027.JPG DSC00015.JPG
DSC00023.JPG
View attachment 18029

Some of my garden snaps..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tetters: Lovely garden full of colours. I think I have crocosmias.. and I wonder where mine has gone... I think I have at least 3 of them. .. But because people said they spread, I potted them them and now... another search game..

Please upload more .. when you've time..

Ask a Question