Chamaedorea elegans sick

Min

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I'm watering 2~3 times a week, I wonder should i fertilize, and which kind of fertilizer should i use.
My baby look like this

01.JPG

Here are leaves problems :(

02.JPG

03.JPG

Anyone know what should i do, please help me out, thank you :cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your Parlor Palm (Chamaedorea elegans) may have an infestation of Scale Insects (Coccomorpha, Hemiptera). To confirm, please take a sharp, macro photograph of those white spots on the leaves. Also try to scrape of the white dots with your fingernail.

Min

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Your Parlor Palm (Chamaedorea elegans) may have an infestation of Scale Insects (Coccomorpha, Hemiptera). To confirm, please take a sharp, macro photograph of those white spots on the leaves. Also try to scrape of the white dots with your fingernail.

Thank for your help!!
They seem like inserts, i can scrape them using my fingernail, should i remove them all then use the neem oil or sth to kill those left over and for prevention

Attachments

• IMG_8092.JPG
    IMG_8092.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is still difficult for me to discern the nature of the spots. Some might be scale insects, but most appear to be deposits of some type of dried material. Do try to gently wash the leaves to remove all visible spots. You may be able to do this with just water and a wet cloth.
After the leaves are clean, observe the plant regularly and see if any more spots return.

Min

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
It is still difficult for me to discern the nature of the spots. Some might be scale insects, but most appear to be deposits of some type of dried material. Do try to gently wash the leaves to remove all visible spots. You may be able to do this with just water and a wet cloth.
After the leaves are clean, observe the plant regularly and see if any more spots return.

I washed all the leaves, there was plenty of them :cry::cry:
I just look at the front and have feeling there's sth wrong, didn't realize that problem from the back, really shock
Maybe i should use the neem oil :cry:

back.JPG

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, the pattern and appearance on the latest photos does look more consistently like scale, though the focus is still not very sharp.
Try neem oil or insecticidal soap. Also run a fingernail or wooden toothpick gently over the leaf. If they are scale they should peel off.

Min

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Yes, the pattern and appearance on the latest photos does look more consistently like scale, though the focus is still not very sharp.
Try neem oil or insecticidal soap. Also run a fingernail or wooden toothpick gently over the leaf. If they are scale they should peel off.
Thank you so so much, i will go with the neem oil, yesterday i removed all the scales but today they come back right away

Min

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I just bring new palm home
After 1~2 days, lot of branch go drooping, when i repot and change the soil, i found out that there is some round bead attach to the root, they look like coffee bean, some of them dry and empty inside, but some splash water while being crushed.
Does anyone know what these beads are, is it the cause of my drooping palms? T_T

Attachments

• IMG_8731.JPG
    IMG_8731.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8732.JPG
    IMG_8732.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 11

Ask a Question