Can someone help ID these bugs?

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are all over my Bell Peppers. I have hot peppers next to them and they are only on the Bells.

Thanks
IMG_4740.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It may be better to get advice about them from someone who lives in your country. We don`t have trouble with them here in the UK.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for your reply.
Yes, they are harmful to your peppers, all of them. While they are sucking out the juices from the pepper they are also depositing a chemical which rots a small spot on the fruit. The rot does not grow but the rot flavor inside the pepper around the rotted area grows larger. Those are stink bug but to be more precise they are shield bugs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I've been spraying them with this mixture and they are still on my plants and actually more of them now. Any other ideas?
I tried it last year & it worked great for me! (Dawn dish detergent) In fact... they were still in the same place where I sprayed them.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if you should encourage @zigs.

I was getting bullied for sweets at school so I melted some chocolate and mixed in some caraway seeds.

The next day the bully filled his mouth with them before asking what he was eating.

I told him they were chocolate covered ants....

He never bothered me for sweets again :D

Ask a Question