Can i grow chrysanthemum from clippings?

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my chrysanthemums this year. I was helping my Aunt in her flower garden the other day and I had clipped the dead parts off (as we usually would do earlier but crazy year at my Aunt's.) They are already dried out just from being there on the plants for so long. Would they grow if I took apart the dried out flowers? I mean I know they spread in the garden so I was thinking maybe this is one of the ways they spread - hoping anyway.

Got a bunch of clippings so I am going to try to sprinkle them and plant some in the next couple days to see. Anybody try this and have any luck?

Reaction score
I don't think they will if they are already dead or dried out. I would just split the ones that are already growing in your aunts garden.

Reaction score
Try some fresh cutting dipped in rooting hormone. I tried them on some on mine lovely pink mums but they don't seem to be showing signs of growing. Maybe you will have better luck.

Ask a Question